Harvest & Curing Headspace

Antidote

Sitting in the dark wondering if it is harvest day
Reaction score
Howdy @Grove Bags .
I've read your instructions. They say to leave 25 percent headspace when sealing.
I'm assuming this means that you shouldn't fill the bags more than 75 percent of the way.
If I'm wrong, let me know.
Now, if the above is true, then what to do with the headspace? Leave it filled with air? Or flatten the top 25 percent to remove the air before sealing?.
Thanks for your great products. I hope to exploit your engineering in the best way possible.

Howdy @Grove Bags .
I've read your instructions. They say to leave 25 percent headspace when sealing.
I'm assuming this means that you shouldn't fill the bags more than 75 percent of the way.
If I'm wrong, let me know.
Now, if the above is true, then what to do with the headspace? Leave it filled with air? Or flatten the top 25 percent to remove the air before sealing?.
Thanks for your great products. I hope to exploit your engineering in the best way possible.
Good question
Been wondering about this since Iast night @Grove Bags

If you listen to their podcast they cover this topic if I remember right. It's like 20 something short videos. They're pretty cool and informative if you have a min to listen. Anyways they recommend that you leave it puffed up with the extra air. It acts like a "header" space for the cannabis. It off gases it's own gasses and in order to cure properly it needs that extra space to fill it with it's own off gasses and creates it's own climate for curing. The more extra space you have the better so don't be afraid to only half fill or quarter fill a bag. It's actually better for the cure (to an extent, don't use a trash bag for an ounce) from what I understand. I have a bunch of 1/4 lb and 1/2 lb bags and this is how I do it now. Usually half full, maybe a tad more and it's working great.

Now there could be a few bits that are wrong in there but that was the jist of what I remember.

Back