Old Reviews Fox Farm Cultivation Nation Seventy Thirty coco perlite mix

Reaction score
Hello fellow cannaisseurs, I've been looking at different grow mediums and decided to try the Seventy Thirty coco medium from Fox Farm as I couldn't find very much info on it. Has anyone in here tried it and formed an opinion on it yet? I'm gonna try and document my upcoming grow here for insight on the medium.

Long story short, I've grown alot of vegetables and hot peppers, but this will be my 3rd run. I'll post a pic of my other 2 in the comments. I do ALOT of reading before attempting a grow of any sort, so I have an idea of what I'm doing. I'm ALWAYS open to constructive criticism and suggestions, as I'll end up researching it all night and gaining knowledge. I've grown in Ocean Forest both grows, but did try Big Rootz and got a bag with fungus gnats that I took down with nematodes and neem oil spray. I chose the Fox Farm product as it's 10 mins away, as opposed driving over an hour for more known coco.
Anyway, this is my setup I made that I'll be running autos in coco with auto watering halos on wifi timer with second intervals. Also running 2 fans, a small heater to maintain temps, humidifier/dehumidifier as needed and an Exhale Co2 bag. Mars 4x4 with fce4800. 20220717_190412.jpg
20220717_190412.jpg
20220717_190524.jpg

Alright fellas... Vacation was amazing, but I'm back now and time to see what this coco can do. I'm germinating 6 seeds right now, 2 of each strain, and I have the Barney's Farm Wedding Cake autos are in wet paper towels. The other 2 strains I'm running are by Gas Reaper, so I decided to do a light sandpaper scuff and put them in 7.0 ph water. Those strains are Roadkill Auto and Scarlet Sunset Auto. I've read that Gas Reaper seeds can be a pain, so I opted to put a little work in to hopefully keep my 100% germination rate going. Once sprouted, they will go in jiffy pellets, then small pots with coco. Im looking to get them in pellets by Sunday, and into coco in 2 weeks. Lets go!
20220728_205635.jpg

Go straight into the final pots after sprout. No need to bother with transplanting and messing things up. Also you got your nutes figured out? Gonna need to be feeding every time from even before you plant the seeds with Coco :thumbsup:

Go straight into the final pots after sprout. No need to bother with transplanting and messing things up. Also you got your nutes figured out? Gonna need to be feeding every time from even before you plant the seeds with Coco :thumbsup:
I have these small fabric pots that I use with the same coco in the final pots, and I've noticed in soil there was almost no shock at all and the plants kept growing. I attribute it to keeping the medium the same so there's no big change in root environment. I don't like transplanting, and have always noticed plants stall for about a week unless I do it this way.

I'll be using Lotus Nutrients for this run, with cal/mag and heavy 16 foliar spray. I'm also going to be using Mykos and Yucca powder early on. I've used Lotus with great results in soil so hopefully it'll perform well in the drain to waste coco setup.
I basically filled the pots, then watered with PH'd water and calmag to buffer. I'll be hand watering the first couple weeks as needed.

Thank you very much for your input. I'm new to the game, so I'm trying to soak up all the knowledge I can.

The Roadkill Autos didn't do anything after a few days, so I ended up doing another Scarlet Sunset and a Chem D auto. Chem D radicle planted this morning and the others are doing well in the small fabric pots off Amazon.
20220806_103925.jpg

Good luck, happy grow! Keep that pH in check (5.8-6.2), always fertigate, and you should be good. I like to collect and test the EC/ppm on the runoff. Helps to know if I need more volume or adjustment on strength.

Good luck, happy grow! Keep that pH in check (5.8-6.2), always fertigate, and you should be good. I like to collect and test the EC/ppm on the runoff. Helps to know if I need more volume or adjustment on strength.
Thank you sir, I'll definitely be doing that. I like Lotus nutes because they always PH at 6. So far so good, I haven't had any difficulties with the coco. They're getting grow nutes at about 60% strength.

I did add a small amount of Mykos and Yucca powder for root growth and nutrient uptake. Added to the small pots before planting the sprout, and I'll do the same when I transplant to the 3gal pots.

The Chem D auto poked her head out yesterday. All 6 are up and seem happy. Soon they'll be going into the 3gal pots, but I want to make sure the roots establish themselves in the small pots first. So far, so good and no issues.
20220807_203457.jpg

Back