Fix unbuffered coco after the fact?

Druid

Wiley Forest-dweller
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Mango | Grandaddy Purple
In my absence I've forgotten a few things, one of which was coco buffering. So I set my first plant back in action into unbuffered coco. That was over 30 days ago and despite many flushes with 1.6ec, it's still kinda fucky. It's also sitting in an Autopot, so that probably doesn't make it better. Think this case is a rescue or dump?

In my absence I've forgotten a few things, one of which was coco buffering. So I set my first plant back in action into unbuffered coco. That was over 30 days ago and despite many flushes with 1.6ec, it's still kinda fucky. It's also sitting in an Autopot, so that probably doesn't make it better. Think this case is a rescue or dump?

I'd start fertigating daily to 20% runoff with a balanced nutrient solution with additional ca and mg for the coco. What are you using for nutrients? :pass:

Pictures? You can also supplement calmag foliarly. Autopots and coco are super tricky. I gave up on it before I got them figured out totally. All sorts of issues once they get a couple of weeks into flowering

What do you mean by "coco buffering" - adjusting the pH, adding Ca/Mg before use, doing a good rinse/drain-to-waste with a lower dose of nutes, or what?

What coco is it? Is it a pre-buffered coco, which likely needs no buffering?

What problems are you seeing that suggests you need to 'buffer' the coco?

If there is problem with 'buffering,' I'd suggest treat that with your feeding vs. messing with the coco.

Back