First Grow In Almost 2 Years!

That's how we all end up in coco :crying:
I started in organic soil for simplicity, and then found SIPs to deal with the issues of hand-watering soil effectively...my biggest challenge growing these days is dumping enough water into the SIP reservoirs to keep up with plants' thirst in veg/flowering.

You folks always peak my interest when you talk about simpler/easier/more effective, but if I wanted to delve into coco I'd have to start buying stuff to feed plants, and something to measure PPM/EC, etc.; so am I missing anything or is coco going to be a more challenging way of growing overall unless you are already dealing with feeding plants (regardless of medium)? :smokeout:

I started in organic soil for simplicity, and then found SIPs to deal with the issues of hand-watering soil effectively...my biggest challenge growing these days is dumping enough water into the SIP reservoirs to keep up with plants' thirst in veg/flowering.

You folks always peak my interest when you talk about simpler/easier/more effective, but if I wanted to delve into coco I'd have to start buying stuff to feed plants, and something to measure PPM/EC, etc.; so am I missing anything or is coco going to be a more challenging way of growing overall unless you are already dealing with feeding plants (regardless of medium)? :smokeout:
I can't say to much about coco since I haven't grown in it for long but i will say so far it's A LOT easier to fix anything that your plant doesn't like. It's an overnight change plus the growth is a little more vigorous. But I love soil also so I'm going for both. Half tent coco half tent soil. Got the bag of lush coming any day now!

Once you get the hang of it, and the necessary equipment, it's pretty much dumping a bucket of fertilizer into a tub a couple times a week and adjusting pH once or twice a day. I spend less then 5 minutes a day with it. Some days no time at all

Once you get the hang of it, and the necessary equipment, it's pretty much dumping a bucket of fertilizer into a tub a couple times a week and adjusting pH once or twice a day. I spend less then 5 minutes a day with it. Some days no time at all
Super helpful, thanks. Do you string together many days of 0 involvement once you're ~month+ above soil with autos?

I'm trying to get some perspective vs the SIPs with organic soil where I plant a germinated seed, top off the water reservoir, and then only need to do something once or twice a week for a while, and could easily go away for a week until they're maybe 5-6+ weeks old and drinking .5/1 gallon a day :oops1:.

Super helpful, thanks. Do you string together many days of 0 involvement once you're ~month+ above soil with autos?

I'm trying to get some perspective vs the SIPs with organic soil where I plant a germinated seed, top off the water reservoir, and then only need to do something once or twice a week for a while, and could easily go away for a week until they're maybe 5-6+ weeks old and drinking .5/1 gallon a day :oops1:.
The nutes I'm using now are pH stable and I don't have to adjust them. Most of the time spent is pH adjusting. Most nutes I've used will raise out of range in a day or 2 and need to be adjusted at least once a day. Takes under 5 minutes to adjust, but has to be done

Day 42 & 49. All good in flower!
IMG_20240514_093405535~2.jpg

Day 21 & 28 in Veg is growing vigorously!
Ms Crispy in the back hiding 🤣
IMG_20240514_094430705~2.jpg

And now some pics of the gals posing!
IMG_20240514_094103107~2.jpg
IMG_20240514_092234736~2.jpg
IMG_20240514_090835352~2.jpg
IMG_20240514_093709232~2.jpg
IMG_20240514_093110286~2.jpg
IMG_20240514_093839896~2.jpg

Sweet Trainwreck & Sweet Cheese drying update. I think it's been 5 days? The outside of the buds are drying out. Not crispy but not moist. Interior is still pretty moist so I'll be switching to a paper bag tomorrow morning because if I leave them in the dry box they will get crumbly crispy. Working on my airflow I think I may have to many holes in the box and to many fans going on in the tiny house to control temps since no AC yet. But making progress! I'll get a 7 day dry this round and next I'll shoot for 10.

No not yet they were softened back up this morning pulled moisture from the inside so I'm leaving them be for a few days in the dry box.
Ok but you shouldn’t wait too long to test a bud because one day can make a huge difference. I’m not talking a whole cola just a couple buds

Back