First grow. Have loupe but cant tell creamy from clear. Auto Gelato. Day 59.

Reaction score
I'm growing one auto gelato from Female Seeds. Never grown before. In fact I've never seen a living cannabis plant before now. My Gerri is getting very sticky and I see amber on the sugar leaves, but its only day 59.
I have pictures from a loupe but it's hard as hell to focus. Can someone tell me what I'm looking at for timing?
0508201030d.jpg

Screenshot_2020-05-08-18-19-18.png

0508201804.jpg

Also, sorry to flood with pictures but what's up with the white beard wisps in this shot?
Screenshot_2020-05-08-18-16-34.png

Breeder says 10-12 weeks. I've heard most grows go way past estimates. I want to catch her before total couch lock, but not too soon.
She's had a lot of stress while I figured out pH and nutes etc. She's not nearly as tall as the breeder estimate either.

I'm growing one auto gelato from Female Seeds. Never grown before. In fact I've never seen a living cannabis plant before now. My Gerri is getting very sticky and I see amber on the sugar leaves, but its only day 59.
I have pictures from a loupe but it's hard as hell to focus. Can someone tell me what I'm looking at for timing?
View attachment 1188396
View attachment 1188397

View attachment 1188398
Also, sorry to flood with pictures but what's up with the white beard wisps in this shot?
View attachment 1188399

Breeder says 10-12 weeks. I've heard most grows go way past estimates. I want to catch her before total couch lock, but not too soon.
She's had a lot of stress while I figured out pH and nutes etc. She's not nearly as tall as the breeder estimate either.
Turn your led light off. Try Taking the pics with regular light.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes the purple is annoying but I'm trying not to move her in and out of the tent so much.
Here's two top down from yesterday when I had her out for some water.

Attachments

• 0507201309b.jpg
    0507201309b.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 0507201309a.jpg
    0507201309a.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 79
View attachment 1188396
View attachment 1188397

View attachment 1188398
View attachment 1188399

female seedz for the win! :yay: heya @GeriGelato and :welcome: to afn! :toke: i've grown an auto kush & ww x bb from fs & can't speak highly enuff about their geneticz :headbang: also got some auto gelato beanz still en route for an upcomin battle, but they're takin foreverrrr to get here from across the pond, lol :doh: anyhoo, it'z alwayz hard to tell from picz...from here, it lookz like there'z a fair amount of cloudiness, but on the other hand, 59d is indeed short timing, so idk :shrug: for now, i'd say go with the old grower'z mantra of -> when u think they're ready, wait another week ;) otherz will chime in & anything else u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420:
unnamed (4).jpg

Thanks! Glad to be here. I guess my other big uncertainty is whether it's time to stop nutes. I don't think I'm going to do a full flush but is it water only from here on?
She's been on FF Trio. First 1/4 then half strength for the last 3 doses. I realized the fox farms feeding timetable is not geared for autos so I had to guess at what proportion of each to add.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes the purple is annoying but I'm trying not to move her in and out of the tent so much.
Here's two top down from yesterday when I had her out for some water.
In person with my loupe in hand I have a hard time deciding :pass: When a plant is just right. It is so hard to tell from pictures but it looks like the harvest window is open for you.

When the trichome are nearly all cloudy the harvest window opens:

Some clear mostly all cloudy = a cerebral, racy high.

All cloudy with 20% amber = a balance mind/body high

All Cloudy with 40% amber = sleepy time/couch lock buzz

50% plus = over ripe.

Back