New Grower First Grow - Autopots - Fastbuds Gorilla Cookies

Ahh crap, I was afraid that I was over watering them. Just out of curiosity what tells you that they are over watered so that I know for the future?

I tried to water them less and give more time in between watering so that the medium could dry out, but they seemed to look healthier when I would water them every day. As in, more progress was happening on days that I fed. I gotta get this dialed in more, but I'm still happy they aren't dead and have started to at least grow a little lol.

Thanks for the advice!

i think you're doing fine as is. just seemed a bit droopy in those last pics and light at top, but now seeing the pics in a better device it doesnt look so light as i thought...and might just be me exagerating and being over protective... and it sounds like you did oiverwater at first, you have wisely adapated your watering to what you read from the plants themselves, great job.

Last edited:
Ahh crap, I was afraid that I was over watering them. Just out of curiosity what tells you that they are over watered so that I know for the future?

I tried to water them less and give more time in between watering so that the medium could dry out, but they seemed to look healthier when I would water them every day. As in, more progress was happening on days that I fed. I gotta get this dialed in more, but I'm still happy they aren't dead and have started to at least grow a little lol.

Thanks for the advice!
A general rule of thumb that I’ve learned here is that if the leaves are drooping you are over watering, and if the leaves AND stems are drooping you are underwatering. However it’s also my understanding that droopy leaves can be a symptom of another problem such as lighting. If I remember correctly, if leaves start to droop a couple hours before the light turns off it could mean the light is too intense.

Hey everyone...been a while since I updated here, but for the most part, I think everything is going pretty good! Just got the autopots turned on this week and they have been taking off ever since.

I experimented a lot with hand watering these guys after my last update. When I cut back on the amount or frequency of watering, the plants started to do really poorly and were incredibly droopy. The more I fed them, the better they seemed to do. This medium is still a conundrum to me, but from what I gather, it likes being watered every day. I mean it says it on the package...Im just kinda dense some times lol. Anways onto the pics from today.

PXL_20230127_024545105.jpg

PXL_20230127_024625722.jpg

PXL_20230127_024608354.jpg

PXL_20230127_024711418.jpg

I know that I probably should have been training them, but I am just so happy they are growing lol. Im guessing I should maybe put the trellis netting up soon? Let me know what you guys think.

Hey everyone...been a while since I updated here, but for the most part, I think everything is going pretty good! Just got the autopots turned on this week and they have been taking off ever since.

I experimented a lot with hand watering these guys after my last update. When I cut back on the amount or frequency of watering, the plants started to do really poorly and were incredibly droopy. The more I fed them, the better they seemed to do. This medium is still a conundrum to me, but from what I gather, it likes being watered every day. I mean it says it on the package...Im just kinda dense some times lol. Anways onto the pics from today.

View attachment 1559748

View attachment 1559749

View attachment 1559750

View attachment 1559751

I know that I probably should have been training them, but I am just so happy they are growing lol. Im guessing I should maybe put the trellis netting up soon? Let me know what you guys think.
Looking awesome in those autopots! You could still tie down some of the taller branches for a wider and flatter plant, maybe just bend the mains over. It shouldn't take much.

Looks like you've got that tent full though...

Looking awesome in those autopots! You could still tie down some of the taller branches for a wider and flatter plant, maybe just bend the mains over. It shouldn't take much.

Looks like you've got that tent full though...

Thanks! I think your right, probably a good idea to try and lightly bend the main branches down. The stems seem to be very healthy and I think they can take it.

I definitely think 3 was too many for the 3x3 tent lol. If I had this dialed in from the beginning I think the plants would be wild and much bigger. Curious how much more they will grow before they flower.

What signs should I look for to know that they are going to start to flower soon? Not sure when to switch over to the flowering nutes.

Thanks! I think your right, probably a good idea to try and lightly bend the main branches down. The stems seem to be very healthy and I think they can take it.

I definitely think 3 was too many for the 3x3 tent lol. If I had this dialed in from the beginning I think the plants would be wild and much bigger. Curious how much more they will grow before they flower.

What signs should I look for to know that they are going to start to flower soon? Not sure when to switch over to the flowering nutes.
I currently have 16 plants in a 4x4 - the three you have are going to fill that tent nicely. You'll soon see white hairs coming out of the colas and you'll know.

I'm not sure how to advise you about flowering nutes - I'm not great at nutes so have shifted to living soil. I'd say wait on changing your regimen until they're in stretch, because they still need nitrogen to get height.

I had to grow in a tiny RV closet last round though, and decided to stick with flowering nutes the whole grow because I was growing in tiny pots and didn't think living soil would get the job done. It came out quite well, especially considering the light and temperature problems in that tiny closet.

Back