Extraction Edibles and trim question

NorthernLights_420

Autoflower Cultivator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Zkittlez
I've always blasted the trim to wax. But I'd like to try to make edibles this time with the trim from my purple nuggets plant. So I've made edibles many times with oil and butter with buds and not trim, so I know about decarbing weed first. So my question is, is it necessary to decarb the trim first just as you wud with bud? Thanks

I personally decarbed my trim the times I've made butter.. one time made a cake and I decided I needed to sleep I was on the verge of panicking lol ( I ate way too much tho)

Yeah I made some brownies recently with oil that I made, they made me and my wife sleep til 4pm the next day and woke up feeling like shit cuz i had a horrible weed hangover. Felt like I drank a bunch of booze the night b4 and I only ate a brownie. Was intense. I've made some strong edibles b4 that but that batch put frosting on the cake. Wow. Lol I was scared to eat any more so i gave em away. Lmao. I think i ate way too much also. Bad memory there. Usually I love edibles and I usually wIt til after dinner to eat them in case they knock me out cuz I've made plenty that put me to sleep. That time was horrible tho. Lol I never knew a person could get that high 4 real.

Hahaha this right here @NorthernLights_420! I made a batch of No-bake cookies one time that had me on my back the ceiling spinning and with the worst weed hangover and that put me off medibles for a lonnggg time. :crying:

I dislike the toasty flavor of decarbed flower. I extract in MBMII in the oil of my choice. at a low temperature for a long time. I filter it into a mason jar ~1/2 full and put it in a sauce pot with vegetable oil level with the oil in the jar and bring it up to 240°F for 30 minutes. Be sure to leave the lid loose so pressure does not build up. This will give you tasty oils. Olive oil for salads, Coconut oil for any number of things including salves. Butter, IMPO butter should be clarified before going into the MBM.

Ms. MOB was an Executive Chef for many years. Short cuts are not approved of :rofl:

Hahaha this right here @NorthernLights_420! I made a batch of No-bake cookies one time that had me on my back the ceiling spinning and with the worst weed hangover and that put me off medibles for a lonnggg time. :crying:
Yeah edibles are a fucking joke every time I have bought them at a dispensary they never do shit to me. But when I make them watch the fuck out (mist of the time!!) I have scared more than myself with my edibles. Haha. I gave my grandpa a brownie this past year. He ate half of it and he dont smoke or eat weed ever but he wanted to try an edible so I brought him one. I fucked his world up too. Haha my uncle thought it was gonna kill Papa. My gramps was glad he only ate half he said. That batch I made wasnt potent to me and didnt get me high but it fucked his world up that night. Some batches of my edibles come out so potent and knock me on my ass. Other times they are way less potent and I dont understand what I do wrong sometimes when they're not strong. I am trying to develop a technique so that the oil or butter only comes out strong and potent but I haven't mastered it yet. Its hit or miss sometimes. But imma make some budder today and probably sum brownies tonight.

I dislike the toasty flavor of decarbed flower. I extract in MBMII in the oil of my choice. at a low temperature for a long time. I filter it into a mason jar ~1/2 full and put it in a sauce pot with vegetable oil level with the oil in the jar and bring it up to 240°F for 30 minutes. Be sure to leave the lid loose so pressure does not build up. This will give you tasty oils. Olive oil for salads, Coconut oil for any number of things including salves. Butter, IMPO butter should be clarified before going into the MBM.

Ms. MOB was an Executive Chef for many years. Short cuts are not approved of :rofl:
What is mbm or mbmii? Thanks

You peeps have my attention, some of your "trips" sound a bit rough... Perhaps it is a good thing that so far I have only used trim for my extracts. :biggrin:

@Mañ'O'Green your way of decarbing after extraction also has my attention. Damn good idea methinks. Thanks for sharing. :pighug:

Back