Harvest & Curing Drying in a brown bag

I would close those bags up and get them off the floor. If you have a cardboard box big enough to fit it all in, you can do that as well. :smokebuds:

Oh my goodness! I had no clue about this. Definitely trying this next harvest!

So, just to get thing right... straight into the bag, no holes poked at all?

Oh yeah man,I hear ya.I knew about the brown bag thing.Ive just never really thought about it as a method for slow drying.Im sold.Im gonna dry every plant I do this entire year,right inside a large brown bag folded over a few times and inside a box with some light airflow n a RH of like 50% er something.I am totally sold on this.I pretty sure they didnt say anything bout any holes.I believe they said folded over 2-3 times to close with no holes.frigin killer aint it.LOL!:group:

There is a good post about this on ANOTHER Grassy forum about doing this with also incorporating shredded lunch sacks and layer (Pic Tutorial) . I wont link it , because not sure if that is allowed here.. Back in HS people always used shoe box and paper strips to cure.. We didnt have paper shredders back then LOL..

Guys ive been paper bag drying for years now.... For me its the only way to dry bud.... Keeps nearly all its smell and tastes pretty much the same as a 3 week cure....
The only thing i would like to add is that you should be very care when you fold your bags up..... They do need a bit of air around them....
I use the big brown store bags and only fold it half way down.... Couple of close pegs to keep it shut tight, also try not to open the bag to often, if you break the buds down yes they will dry a lot quicker, but if you have that show piece cola that can still be dried the same way.....

Everybody should try it once.... Ive never lost bud to mold this way.....

just ordered 100 brown bags lol this sounds too good to be missing out on :thumbs:

Don't you find the buds get squashed out of shape and stick to each other?

Back