Photography DP Banana Blaze Auto has gone Bananas!

Reaction score
According to the Dutch Passion website the Banana Blaze auto should reach a maximum 1m, average 75cms. Mine is on day 43 from appearing above the soil, only a week into flowering and it seems to have topped out at 1m75cms!! The one time I decide to not do any LST and just see how it grows naturally and it goes crazy!

My lights cannot go any higher so I've moved them forward so the main bud will grow up behind the light, I'm going to have to sacrifice the top buds to lack of light/too much light but there's nothing I can do about that now. However there are lots of other bud sites so I'm hoping I'll still get a decent yield.

Photos show day 28, 37 and then day 41. I bought this bigger tent so I wouldn't have to worry about plants outgrowing it! I shouldn't moan too much as it is perfectly healthy it's just too damn tall!

Light - Viparspectra 450w
Soil - Biobizz Light
Nutes - Biobizz Grow, Heaven, Bloom & Topmax
Light cycle - 20/4

I'll update this thread as the buds get bigger

Day 28 - IMG_4690.JPG
Day 37 - P1000556.JPG
Day 41 - P1000559.JPG

Last edited:
According to the Dutch Passion website the Banana Blaze auto should reach a maximum 1m, average 75cms. Mine is on day 43 from appearing above the soil, only a week into flowering and it seems to have topped out at 1m75cms!! The one time I decide to not do any LST and just see how it grows naturally and it goes crazy!

My lights cannot go any higher so I've moved them forward so the main bud will grow up behind the light, I'm going to have to sacrifice the top buds to lack of light/too much light but there's nothing I can do about that now. However there are lots of other bud sites so I'm hoping I'll still get a decent yield.

Photos show day 28, 37 and then day 41. I bought this bigger tent so I wouldn't have to worry about plants outgrowing it! I shouldn't moan too much as it is perfectly healthy it's just too damn tall!

Light - Viparspectra 450w
Soil - Biobizz Light
Nutes - Biobizz Grow, Heaven, Bloom & Topmax
Light cycle - 20/4

I'll update this thread as the buds get bigger

Day 28 - View attachment 1388406
Day 37 - View attachment 1388409
Day 41 - View attachment 1388407
you should try super cropping the main top so that the plant will get a more even coverage

you should try super cropping the main top so that the plant will get a more even coverage

I think I've left it too late for that. The main stem near the top is rock solid, no give at all. I think if I try I'm going to snap it. Also I've never done it before, let alone this far into flowering so I'm too scared I'll lose more than if I just leave it. Lessons learnt and all that!

I think I've left it too late for that. The main stem near the top is rock solid, no give at all. I think if I try I'm going to snap it. Also I've never done it before, let alone this far into flowering so I'm too scared I'll lose more than if I just leave it. Lessons learnt and all that!
thats fair enough mate like ya said its all a learning experience :thumbsup:

Squeeze the stem where u want it to bend. Don’t be scared squeeze and keep squeezing. Go around the same area and keep squeezing. After basically crushing the stem it will bend. I always wait to late then have to do this. Within a couple he’s the top will start bending back up towards the light. It doesn’t bother them

Back