New Grower Dinafem Autoflower // CFL // Soil

Greenbusch

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
Reaction score
Dinafem Autoflower // CFL // Soil // Indoor - An overview

Hey there, I'm Greenbusch, and this is my first grow. I wanted somewhere to keep the glog, and this seemed fitting, considering it's an all autoflowering grow. Great to meet everyone! Conversation, comments, and constructive criticism are welcome.

What will we be growing!?

I have selected four different Dinafem autoflowering feminized genetics for this grow. I selected these based on my timeline, grow space, and ease of care. We will be germinating and growing one of each.

• Fruit
    • Genotype: 70% Indica/30% Sativa
    • Cruce: Lowryder#1 x Dinafem#1 x Grapefruit
    • Indoor flowering period: 60–65 days
    • Indoor yield: 20–80 g/plant
    • THC: medium (8–12 %)
  • White Widow
    • Genotype: 35% Sativa/ 65% Indica
    • Cross: Critical+ Auto x White Widow
    • Indoor flowering period: 75-80 days
    • Indoor yield: 25-60 g/plant
    • THC: high (9-12%)
  • Road Runner
    • Genotype: Indica/Sativa/Ruderalis
    • Cross: Lowryder#1 x Dinafem#1
    • Indoor flowering period: 60-65 days
    • Indoor yield: 25-60 g/plant
    • THC: medium
  • Haze
    • Genotype: 60% Sativa /40% Indica
    • Cross: Lowryder#1 x Dinafem#1 x JYD Haze
    • Indoor flowering period: 70-80 days
    • Indoor yield: 25-110 g/plant
    • THC: medium/high (8-12%)
Specs
Grow box:

• Size: 32" x 32" x 48"
  • Manufacturer: DIY
  • Materials:
    • Plywood
    • Reflective Solar Radiant Barrier
    • Various hardware
    • Aluminum foil tape
    • Wood glue
  • Two, 4" clip-on fans for circulation
  • No Intake/out-take or ventilation
Light Rig:

• Size: 24" x 24"
  • Manufacturer: DIY
  • 8 - 40w CFL | 2700k | 2650 Lumens (21200)
  • 6 - 40w CFL | 6500k | 2800 Lumens (16800)
  • Total Watts: 560
  • Total Lumens: 38000
  • Total Lumens/sqft.: 5429
Grow Medium:
My grow medium is self mixed based on a variation of articles, and resources. Recipe is not completely measured out so I won't give any measurements on the mixture. However, it's light, fluffy, and nutrient stable.

• Pot: 5 gal bucket (hardware store variety)
  • Mix:
    • Soil: 2.6/ft.cu. Sungro® SUNSHINE® LT5
    • Compost
    • Perlite
    • Vermiculite

Images... You can't see the whole grow box in any of these. I'll try to remember and get one next time I open it.

Last edited:
Germination Day - Aug. 15, 2016

I'm going with a natural germination method utilizing a greenhouse environment.

Medium: Jiffy brand peat pellets.
Temp: 80.9F
Water: pH 6.3

I have taken every paranoid precaution. I never touched the seeds (gloves and tweezers). They were only exposed to light (since I've had them) long enough to take the seed from breeder pack and place in soil. They might be a little too close to the surface, but I'm not going to touch them now to find out. Literally, the last thing I read about germination was right after I covered them and put them in the grow box. But I found out that too close to the surface could cause root stress... We wait and see, and we have more seed. ;)

Last edited:
Awesomesweeeeeeeet brother keep us up to date with the grow everyone has been awesome and if you need help with autoflowers definitely come to the right place...

Thanks! Looking forward to sharing. Pics coming in a few mins.

Nice start.... Good luck with your grow. Here is a little rep to start you off....:slap:

You have joined a good community here, people are always willing to help if you have any problems.... Just shout.

I notice your space is not that big for 4 plants, if you do everything right, you may end up getting VERY tight on space in there.

It always surprises me how much these plants will grow and spread to their space. Give them enough room and they will reward you.

For example, On my current grow,I should have know better, I know my tent and the way I grow is a Max 4 plants, but thought "Yeah 1 more plant will be OK". WRONG

A 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m tent - with 5 plants at 27 days old - looks like this (not the best pic, but just a quick snap to demonstrate).

In a weeks time, I will have a problem! The tallest is already 1mt high and spreading.
Tent Day 27.jpg

Nice start.... Good luck with your grow. Here is a little rep to start you off....:slap:

You have joined a good community here, people are always willing to help if you have any problems.... Just shout.

I notice your space is not that big for 4 plants, if you do everything right, you may end up getting VERY tight on space in there.

It always surprises me how much these plants will grow and spread to their space. Give them enough room and they will reward you.

For example, On my current grow,I should have know better, I know my tent and the way I grow is a Max 4 plants, but thought "Yeah 1 more plant will be OK". WRONG

A 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m tent - with 5 plants at 27 days old - looks like this (not the best pic, but just a quick snap to demonstrate).

In a weeks time, I will have a problem! The tallest is already 1mt high and spreading.
View attachment 617622
Beautiful beautiful

View attachment 617622
Beautiful beautiful

View attachment 617622
I'm going to tell you like to tell me whatever you're doing keep doing it because it's working beautiful

Back