Defoliating auto before or after stretch?

Reaction score
Hi all,
Mephisto mix here. Into week 3...some start showing sign of pre flowering and some stretching ( all indica or hybrid 50/50), very bushy. 25cm 4-5.nodes.
I should defoliate in some moment and I was thinking to do it after stretching to figure it out the full plant...
Am I wrong?
Could you advise what is best with auto?

Thanks
A

Hi all,
Mephisto mix here. Into week 3...some start showing sign of pre flowering and some stretching ( all indica or hybrid 50/50), very bushy. 25cm 4-5.nodes.
I should defoliate in some moment and I was thinking to do it after stretching to figure it out the full plant...
Am I wrong?

Thanks
A
I like to defoliate when stretching is done or early flower. Thin it out and maybe shwazz it if needed. The main thing for me is good airflow.

Hi all,
Am I wrong?

Thanks
A
Pictures would help, as well as your temperature and humidity; because it depends on the health of the plant and the environment.

I have butchered a lot of my recent autos throughout their life cycle; but it was because they were healthy, and I have humidity issues and mold concerns which require more airflow than some folks need :cheers:

agree with what everyone else has said. I usually leaf tuck for the first 30+ days or so too. I’m always surprised how well the lower nodes grow from tucking those big upper leaves.

Back