New Grower Danielsaaan’s 6th Grow - Mephisto Double Grape with CoM

That's a shame you decided to scrap it they don't look that awful.... IMO the pots look dry to Stonington should be almost black when wet it is ok to water when dry to the touch.... How heavy are the pots? Once the pots dry out so does the soil life die:thumbsup: I also don't think recharge is not needed out the gate maybe some rooting mycos great white, dynomyco etc... but recharge super charges the soil and Stonington is a tad hot to start

But yes the soil should be fine to reuse
Pots were still heavy, and was trying to avoid overwatering. Do you usually soak soil before planting? Til runoff? Seems like my pots stay heavy forever if I do that. I’ve read MOG says to soak til runoff, then when soil loses half the water weight, to water til slight runoff again, repeat, etc. Maybe I’ll get the scales back out this grow and really try to dial it in. I think getting my temps up to high 70s will help dry my pots out a bit quicker too.
Seeds and heater should be here by midweek, so will get back at it then!

Pots were still heavy, and was trying to avoid overwatering. Do you usually soak soil before planting? Til runoff? Seems like my pots stay heavy forever if I do that. I’ve read MOG says to soak til runoff, then when soil loses half the water weight, to water til slight runoff again, repeat, etc. Maybe I’ll get the scales back out this grow and really try to dial it in. I think getting my temps up to high 70s will help dry my pots out a bit quicker too.
when they are that young i never soak till runoff. i dont start doing that till around week 4. i use FFOF and i use it straight out of the bag never had any issues starting plants. i just increase water as plant gets bigger. i will go in a circle around the plant as the plant gets bigger so will the circle. For me week 2 is usaully getting watered 1/4th of a gallon every day or ever 2 days, by week 4 my plants are drinking a half a gallon every day. Sometimes later weeks can drink a gallon easy. im in 3 gal pots so i hope this helps.

Yup that is exactly how I have done in after the preplant soaking I normally don't do anything for the first 5-7 days more like 10 ten days.. I try to keep my tent in the 80's especially when they're young.. I don't use scale I just heft the pot and use my finger once the top is dry to the touch and some what dry knuckle deep I water again then repeat this cycle should get fast every time.. And when I use spray bottle it is only use once a day when top is dry also when they are young like that the best thing I've found for them is LITFA just focus on your environment let them do they thing

If youre using cloth pots and organic soil, water the whole pot when sewing seeds. Scoop out a cup or two in the center of pot and fill with a good seedling mix. Soil should remain evenly hydrated to maintain microbial activity. 75-80% rh preferably and if you cant pull that off, a water bottle cut down will fit over the seedling.

Yup that is exactly how I have done in after the preplant soaking I normally don't do anything for the first 5-7 days more like 10 ten days.. I try to keep my tent in the 80's especially when they're young.. I don't use scale I just heft the pot and use my finger once the top is dry to the touch and some what dry knuckle deep I water again then repeat this cycle should get fast every time.. And when I use spray bottle it is only use once a day when top is dry also when they are young like that the best thing I've found for them is LITFA just focus on your environment let them do they thing
How much water would you say saturates the soil in 5 gallon pots? 2-3 liters I think you said? Half a gallon or so? Having good temps for once will hopefully help the pots dry out and not stay water logged. Appreciate you guys man!

How much water would you say saturates the soil in 5 gallon pots? 2-3 liters I think you said? Half a gallon or so? Having good temps for once will hopefully help the pots dry out and not stay water logged. Appreciate you guys man!
Yup normally about 3l +\-

Paraphrased from Build a Soil: A good rule with most living soil blends is to water between 5 and 10% water by volume of soil. So a 5 gallon pot would be .25-.50 gallons of water. They recommend doing one 10% watering a week and then 5% as needed the rest of the week. With living soil you really want to keep it at a more consistent moisture level so the biology can do its thing and definitely not let it dry out.
Oh here's the clip:

Paraphrased from Build a Soil: A good rule with most living soil blends is to water between 5 and 10% water by volume of soil. So a 5 gallon pot would be .25-.50 gallons of water. They recommend doing one 10% watering a week and then 5% as needed the rest of the week. With living soil you really want to keep it at a more consistent moisture level so the biology can do its thing and definitely not let it dry out.
Oh here's the clip:

Oh here's the clip:

Thank you!!!!

Back