Boradan

We don't need no stinking Badges!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, Seedstockers BCN Critical XXL
After a few years not growing (and not taking down my tent in the spare bedroom during this time), I got roped back into growing by 'inheriting' 3 photos that had just entered flowering. Managed to finish them even though they were in soil, which I have never used :vibe:

Needless to say, this got me hooked back into it, so I decided to purchase some Photoperiod seeds and give them a go...

SETUP:

Tent: Mars Hydro 4x4
Lighting: 400W of self-built COBs, but I am just about to order a Mars Hydro TS 3000 (The COBs will be going into a 2x2 veg tent)
Medium: Single pot RDWC system with a modified 50L tote as the pot, and an external reservoir. Running a small aquarium pump for recirculation, and a Boyu SES-30 Air Pump.
Heating: 1500W Oil Heater using an Inkbird temperature controller
Humidity: A RAM humidifier also running off an Inkbird Humidity controller
A couple of Aquarium heaters to heat the water in the RDWC, the water in the water replacement reservoir and for the 'Heisenberg tea'
A couple of Monkey fans for circulation
A RAM 4" extractor fan

Nutrients:

Greenleaf MegaCrop (Single part, but I am ordering 2-part and will replace the single part when the bags arrive)
Greenleaf Cal Mag
Greenleaf Sweet Candy
Greenleaf Bud Explosion

0_2.jpg

RQS Cookies Gelato Day 0
ezgif-2-8397395b88.png

Cookies Gelato: A Mix Between Girl Scout Cookies and Gelato 33
The more cannabis you smoke, the higher your tolerance becomes. It doesn’t take much for beginners to get stoned. A couple of puffs from a weak strain will do the trick. However, after several years, frequent smokers require stronger bud to experience the same effects. Cookies Gelato is one of these strains. She provides a monstrous THC level that thrusts the mind into an altered state of consciousness and suspends it there for hours.
Cookies Gelato inherited her mighty effects from potent parent strains Girl Scout Cookies and Gelato. However, this dynamic duo is known for more than their sheer power. As you can tell from their names, they both boast sweet and sugary terpene profiles. Cookies Gelato is a manifestation of the best traits from both of these legendary varieties.
Effects, flavor and aroma
It’s not hard to tell that these flowers pack a punch. A brief glance at the buds reveals a forest of trichomes and an ocean of resin. This sticky substance smells spectacular and holds an outrageous THC level of 28%. Such a high level of the psychoactive cannabinoid results in an immediate high. A single hit is enough to induce a high that’s capable of overwhelming novices.
The hybrid strain contains both indica and sativa genetics, with effects targeting body and mind in equal measure. The head high is characterised by a rush of euphoria and a philosophical perspective. It’s almost psychedelic. The body high is less pronounced, but adds a relaxing touch.
It could be argued that Cookies Gelato is one of the most aromatic strains available. Her shimmering, bulbous buds emit an attractive scent of sugary sweetness—similar tones race across the tongue upon inhalation.
Growing Cookies Gelato
Not only does Cookies Gelato produce savagely potent flowers, but she does so in significant quantities. After flowering for 8–10 weeks, she produces approximately 600g/m² when cultivated indoors. Growers can enhance yields through training techniques such as LST.

====================================================================================

All is hunky Dory after 24 hours in a glass of water, 24 hours in a piece of damp kitchen towel and 24 hours in a rootit plug

IMG_20220802_151119.jpg

IMG_20220802_151159.jpg

Last edited:
RQS Cookies Gelato Day 4
Day 4 and all is well in the world.
So far, she has just been getting pH'ed water, but feeding will start tomorrow.

IMG_20220805_142933.jpg

IMG_20220805_143025.jpg

Last edited:
RQS Cookies Gelato Day 7
Just put another seed into kitchen towel in a baggie. Decided to run 2 of these Cookies Gelato in separate RDWC systems in the same tent.
This will allow me to cut down the veg time if I want to fill the tent.
The fact that she will be 8 days or so behind should not be an issue as these are photos and that side of the tent is slightly smaller due to the oil heater taking up room.

Back to the first lady though, and she is now a week old. Looking good although her roots have still not left the net pot. Fully expecting a growth explosion when this happens.

0007-1.jpg

0007-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back