Bob's search for the real White Widow with Dutch Passion's regular genetics

Day 16
Hey growers & blowers :toke:

With 32 they still are, but as you've seen above, I only have space for 21 pots. So I'm about to have another selection in the coming days. And rather sooner then later as I can barely get between the plants to water them. I gave 'm a mix of dechlorinated water, my version or the orgatrex and a splash of urea. A couple of days ago I had to forgo the Organic way and water them with some Magnesium Sulfate, Calcium Nitrate and Monopotassium phosphate. But then the plants are in such a small container it would be hard to feed them slow release nutrients, which would take to long to be converted. The main thing is, the plants are looking scrumptious and have a nice light green appearance.
1710959203279 _small.jpg

My attempts to FIM the tops has failed once again. I'm better to top instead of trying to FIM as this technique isn't for me :shrug:
1710959203272 _small.jpg

This variegated one will be removed, but I'm not going to cull it, rather give it a chance inside the greenhouse. I know, it's to cold during the night, but then this chance is more like a "if it doesn't kill us, it'll make us tronger" kind of thing.
I will do the same with the other ten specimens that won't make it for this project...
1710959203267 _small.jpg

Tomorrow I'll be taking the time to film each plants while trying to rotate it in front of the camera. I'll be taking measurements and do another rub test on the stems. There must of be more specimens then these four that smell like onion and white widow. I'll also be topping the plants where the FIM has failed, which will be all the plants I think :coffee2:
Anyway, by the time I'm able to make clones from the P1's I should end up with 16 plants. These will be run at 12/12 and so put into flower. The male clones will be killed off, but not before I marked the male's in question as ♂ and the females as ♀
1710959203262 _small.jpg

Before we end today's post, some technical information... 🤓
We are at a DLI of 33 Mole's. With the lights on, the VPD is stable at 0.9 kPa, Temperature is in the goldilocks zone and the CO² is at a nice level 👌
I'm quite satisfied with these values and everything is running on auto pilot.
1710973021467 _small.jpg

Ok, and with no further ado here is the time lapse. Speed = 30fps, Duration = 126 hours. :thanks:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Thanks for the love bombs @Lil Dab :cheers:

Hey @Bob's Auto's Have you considered putting a rack in there so you can kinda double deck it? I'm guessing you probably have, or can make, whatever you need for 2 levels. That would let you veg twice as many :pass: just a thought
Thanks, but the tent the plants are in now is actually my flowering tent and I have no intentions to halve it by means of a rack.. I've got another one just like it (60x60x140) which is lying on it's side. That one is actually my veg tent for the P1's. But I'm still waiting on the light I ordered.

On a positive note, the bag of soil improver I ordered the day before yesterday is being delivered so some companies do know how to do their job. 👌

Last edited:

With 32 they still are, but as you've seen above, I only have space for 21 pots. So I'm about to have another selection in the coming days. And rather sooner then later as I can barely get between the plants to water them. I gave 'm a mix of dechlorinated water, my version or the orgatrex and a splash of urea. A couple of days ago I had to forgo the Organic way and water them with some Magnesium Sulfate, Calcium Nitrate and Monopotassium phosphate. But then the plants are in such a small container it would be hard to feed them slow release nutrients, which would take to long to be converted. The main thing is, the plants are looking scrumptious and have a nice light green appearance.
View attachment 1672633

My attempts to FIM the tops has failed once again. I'm better to top instead of trying to FIM as this technique isn't for me :shrug:
View attachment 1672634

This variegated one will be removed, but I'm not going to cull it, rather give it a chance inside the greenhouse. I know, it's to cold during the night, but then this chance is more like a "if it doesn't kill us, it'll make us tronger" kind of thing.
I will do the same with the other ten specimens that won't make it for this project...
View attachment 1672635

Tomorrow I'll be taking the time to film each plants while trying to rotate it in front of the camera. I'll be taking measurements and do another rub test on the stems. There must of be more specimens then these four that smell like onion and white widow. I'll also be topping the plants where the FIM has failed, which will be all the plants I think :coffee2:
Anyway, by the time I'm able to make clones from the P1's I should end up with 16 plants. These will be run at 12/12 and so put into flower. The male clones will be killed off, but not before I marked the male's in question as ♂ and the females as ♀
View attachment 1672636

We are at a DLI of 33 Mole's. With the lights on, the VPD is stable at 0.9 kPa, Temperature is in the goldilocks zone and the CO² is at a nice level 👌
View attachment 1672641

Ok, and with no further ado here is the time lapse. Speed = 30fps, Duration = 126 hours. :thanks:
View attachment 1672642

Regards,

:goodluck:with making those hard decisions mate, be careful not to fill your indoor grow room with all the males, and end in a cold greenhouse with most of the females haha

Often the males are a bit faster growing and larger in height.

Will be interesting to see what the % will be of the males and females

:goodluck:with making those hard decisions mate, be careful not to fill your indoor grow room with all the males, and end in a cold greenhouse with most of the females haha

Good point, @Antonio_DutchPassion -- often the guys will be a little taller than the girls at this age.
Height alone wouldn't be a great criterion for the cull.
I think number of nodes may be better, though taller plants will get more light, more photosynthesis, so more nodes too...

View attachment 1672633

View attachment 1672634

View attachment 1672635

View attachment 1672636

View attachment 1672641

View attachment 1672642

Regards,

try going tighter when fimming literally top the plant but try leave a little bit of the top its hard to explain its very hit and miss for me as well i much rather topping twice to achieve the same results
Hey @Bob's Auto's Have you considered putting a rack in there so you can kinda double deck it? I'm guessing you probably have, or can make, whatever you need for 2 levels. That would let you veg twice as many :pass: just a thought
top space saving tip :d5:

Hey Antonio,

I think I've made some good selections. All the plants that were selected gave off a great smell, going from onion to White Widow itself! 👌
I think I already found some males, assuming the males are bigger and more stretched. More about this later tonight when I had something to eat.
Oh and I managed to squeeze three more pots inside the tent. So instead of 21, we have 24 plants to continue with. :hump:

try going tighter when fimming literally top the plant but try leave a little bit of the top its hard to explain its very hit and miss for me as well i much rather topping twice to achieve the same results
I've topped all the plants as my FIMming attempt failed. The plants just went on producing the next node...

@tobe, you interested in eight White Widow plants bro? One of them is the variegated one though... :cheers:

Day 17 - Repotting
Hey friends :toke:

Today was repotting day. My bag of soil improver had arrived and when the lights came back on, I went at it. :shooty:
1711049896227 _small.jpg

First towards the greenhouse where my pile of living soil was waiting for me. This lot has been turned over 7 times over the winter time. And I must say, everything incorporated inside isn't recognisable at all. The smell is a sweet forest smell. So I'm quite confident this soil will work perfectly 👌
1711049896217 _small.jpg

Shoveled about 40L of soil into the tub.
1711049896212 _small.jpg

The space available isn't all that much. You can see my knees in the picture and I'm sitting with my back to the wall. To the left of me is the tub with the living soil. In front of me the original tent, which I'm using as a flower tent. And on the right the parent tent. Which is lying on it's side.
1711049896203 _small.jpg

I've removed the plants from their P9 pots and placed them inside the new pots. Smeared some clonex gel on the part of the stem which will be under the soil. And filled the pot's up with the living soil.
1711049896197 _small.jpg

Gave each pot 200ml water with my orgatrex and then topped the soil with the fertisoil.
1711049896190 _small.jpg

I finally ended up with 24 pots instead of the dry tested 21. So that's a couple more.
My selection procedure was based on how the plants smelled after rubbing them, how the internodal distance was. And of course if their were some visible genetic defects. The fact that I was able to place 3 plants extra gave me some leeway as most of them smelled like onion or garlic. Two of them smelled like White Widow. Noice!!!
1711049896182 _small.jpg

When I was done, I took the time to clean up in and around the tents. First with the vaccuum cleaner and then with a mob. A clean work environment is important!

Anywho, that's about it for today.

Regards,

Last edited:
Day 19 - Almost cloning time
Hey Growers & Blowers :toke:

Yesterday evening I've sprayed the plants with some BoomBoom spray. It keeps the plants happy, but also gives the side shoots some extra enery for when they are cut from the mother/fater plant...
1711221850979 _small.jpg

1711221850968 _small.jpg

1711221850945 _small.jpg

Some of the sideshoots are long enough, at least I think so... What do you think @Antonio_DutchPassion?
1711221850927 _small.jpg

Pushed the seringe into the soil to give you an idea how large the shoots are...
1711221850920 _small.jpg

Another great example of a nice plant with some great looking shoots on the second node. I also think this is a male, conform to the stretched appearance and all. I topped this one at the third node as topping at the fourt woul push the leaves into the light.
1711221850911 _small.jpg

1711221850905 _small.jpg

Loads of shoots on this plant. Gonna give 'm all a week for the smaller shoots to catch up with the longer one's.
1711221850902 _small.jpg

1711221850898 _small.jpg

For pictures and time lapses the light suck big time. But for stretching the nodes, the lack of usefull light does help in stretching those shoots...Still I can't wait for my light to arrive. I've been checking the topside of the tent and think I'll be removing the controller and led driver from the board. On top of my tent lies a thin piece of stiff wood back boarding. My thought was to use this as a mount to screw the light onto. A couple of holes for the wiring to go through and a couple of washers to spread the weight onto the board. This way the light hangs as high as possible. 👌
1711221850895 _small.jpg

The plants aren't very big, And that's intentional as the max height of the tent is only 60cm/2' high. With my DIY light I'm losing about 10cm for the frome, controller box and fans for the COB lights.
1711221850890 _small.jpg

All heathy looking plants if I may say so :hump:
1711221850882 _small.jpg

No time lapse as the light in this tent is causing that obnoxious flickering in the photo's...
I do have some news. Got a scratch card this week and won 500€, so I've treated the missus to a new pair of glasses and with the remainder I'm currently on an auction site bidding for some choice genetics. Some Sativa dominant and some Indica dominant. And everything in between.
My current damage sits around 190€ and this for a total of 125 seeds. All regular photo's, and most have one form or another of Skunk #1 inside. I even got a G13 (Hash plant) Afgan Skunk hybrid, which I had to fight for against another contester, extending the auction by at least 12 seconds, lol. I finally won it for 30€ at 15 seeds.
Still, there are three days left for all the biddings I'm contesting in, but I have more seeds than I actually need, so I'm waiting to see when someone overbids these and then I'll tab out. If noone does It'll cost me 15€ per pack of 15 seeds. If someone (fair chance that'll happen) overbids, my damage will be under 200€ and that's with tracked shipping.
The seeds will be kept at a stable temperature inside the basement where it's always 8°C/46°F which will keep them safe for many years to come. I keep all my seeds there and never had any issues germinating older seeds :thumbsup:

Anyeone willing to take a guess what my next project will be about? :eyebrows:

Regards,

Last edited:
Back