Bob's search for the real White Widow with Dutch Passion's regular genetics

Hey growers & blowers :toke:

The day of reconning has come upon us...That is to say, upon the unwanted seedlings. 😇
For those of you with feeble harts...Please look away :mrgreen:

Let's begin with the situation before I started to pick the worst one's from the group. As you can see some of them are lying on their sides, these will have to go!!
View attachment 1670549

Crooked leaves, not a good sign. Byebye 🖐️👋
View attachment 1670550

Another with crooked leaves.
View attachment 1670551

The smallest one of the group. When I pulled the seedling from the soil, it barely had a root system...
View attachment 1670552

Don't have to explain why this one had to go? 🤌
View attachment 1670553
Greenhouse Seeds #2 can't hold it's liquor... :coffee:
View attachment 1670554

As does C4. 💥
View attachment 1670555

I1 wasn't barely bigger then F1 so it went the way of the dodo. Although when pulling the seedling out, it had a beautiful root ball dangling below.
Live and learn :shrug:
View attachment 1670557
A1 doesn't look that shabby either. I know, I have to be strict :naughtystep:
View attachment 1670558

The rest of the group...
All were making a sigh of relief, not being culled. "Let this be a lesson for ya'll! If you're not the best, you're gone with the rest!!" 👉
View attachment 1670559

32 seedlings have "survived" this ordeal. Two of them are GHS, so these don't count. I'm still in dubio over H4, H5, F5 and C1, as these are swaying from left to right in the breeze the fan puts out. But as long as they don't fall over I'll give 'm a chance.
I've also went from 24/7 lights on to a more "normal" 18/6 lights on/off. This meant I had to raise the power to the lights so my DLI would still end up around 20-24 Moles. The heatpad is turned off and the extraction fan is turned up by 1% to get the temperature into spec without messing up the VPD.
View attachment 1670560

I've also ordered 3L pots (19 cm Ø × 14,5 cm H) to transplant the seedlings in when the time is ripe. The organic soil in the greenhouse has been turned over again and is smelling sweet. Must be from all the molasses I added a while ago. I've also added about 10L rabbit manure in the mix. Looks like slow release pellets, hehe.

Anywho...That's it for today

Regards,

Bob :toke:
whats the number you will take into flower ? are you talking clones of all the plants then put them into flower pick your favorites and then make your seeds from your chosen clones or are you going to do it during the flowering stage from seed
sorry if you have mentioned this already :pass:

whats the number you will take into flower ? are you talking clones of all the plants then put them into flower pick your favorites and then make your seeds from your chosen clones or are you going to do it during the flowering stage from seed
sorry if you have mentioned this already :pass:
You got a minute?

I'm selecting the pertiest and healthiest seedlings for now. Any deviation from the norm and they're out. 👉
The plan is to take several clones from each seedplant, just to be sure I have at least one clone from each. Then use one clone from each to put into flower to find out which is male and which is female. The female clones will be run so I have something to smoke. The first male clones will be culled after I marked the seedplants and clones for sex.
After the first female clones have done their thing I'm going to run a batch of male clones, treat them with Florel on the flip, so they show their feminine side. Both batches will help us decide which ones to keep.
Then it's testing time...Myself and a couple jurors will do a blind test from this harvest. After the selection I might be persuaded to open the vault and name the origin of the selected Widows.
I hope to find at least three females and three males to keep.
That was part one...

Part two...
I will cross the best male and female P1's to a regular auto and from then on will follow this chart.👇
The Auto donor is actually not as important as I will do several back crosses (see chart) to the Widow P1's, but better to start with fire :hothot: then with just a plain Rudy.
Project 5 (Large).jpg

giphy.gif

So that 'reversing the male' procedure will actually give you a fair representation of the plant's female expression?
I find that interesting and see why you do the cloning procedure the way you do.

So that 'reversing the male' procedure will actually give you a fair representation of the plant's female expression?
I find that interesting and see why you do the cloning procedure the way you do.
Just like using STS on a female, Florel or Ethephon should create female flowers on a male. To what extend, we'll just have to see. I've not seen this procedure being used before except in some studies. There might be a reason for it, but you know me. I show everything....the good, the bad and the ugly...

My hope is that I will be able to see how the flower clusters form and more important see the trichome development on those calyx's. If completely successful even smoke a sample. Ethephon has a half life of about 7-25 days and is used in fruit setting for human consumption. LINK
I've used Ethephon before LINK. A friend of mine gave me 1L readily mixed to test out on some females. The dilution of Ethephon has to be very accurate. I believe it sits around 400ppm. Also you need to keep it at a pH of 4.5 or it will go bad.

Day 6, Part two - Migration under TS-1000
Hey guys,

I'm back for a second round today...

After posting earlier today I thought to myself, "I've got 32 plants and 36 spots inside the other tent. So why not put the seedlings underneath the TS-1000." The quality of the light is way better than my DIY cob light. It uses less Wattage and doesn't produce as much heat.
Combine that with the flickering that the COB's produce and mess up my time lapse = Easy choice :thumbsup:
1710103362843 _small.jpg

The fan inside this tent produces quite a bit more airflow and thus the longer seedlings had to be propped by a little stake to prevent them from falling over.
1710103362827 _small.jpg

Of course everything had to move...Sensors, humidifier and my trusty Yi action camera. With it's alternative firmware I'm able to connect to it via FTP and download the pictures it takes. I've missed watching these time lapses as they can teach you quite a lot during a grow. 👌
1710103362834 _small.jpg

And this is the eagle eye view from that camera.
Y0100005 _small.JPG

The value's were quickly adjusted and will be followed for the next couple of hours. Because the light doesn't produce as much heat I chose to change the 'lights out' time from 23:00-05:00h to 11:00-17:00h. I hope by doing this I can keep the temperature and humidity in spec as the hottest part of the day is during these hours. Also the plants can benefit from the extra CO² we produce as we sleep right next to that room and plants don't use CO² during their dark period.
Oh, one more thing...The DLI calculation is hardcoded into the sensor. I haven't changed it to the new hours, so you'll have to devide by 24 and multiply by 18 to get the right value. It's a small thing and I don't know if I'm actually going to change it anytime soon...
1710103362820 _small.jpg

Regards,

Last edited:
First time lapse.
Hey friends,

After a day capturing all those time lapse pictures. I've compiled a quicky for ya'll...just before going to bed.
The dark period is compressed to 20 or so frames as watching a dark screen doesn't do anyone any good. So if you blink you might have missed it :shrug: Duration = 25 hours - 8 hours dark period, speed = 60fps. Enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

Awesome work!
Whatever you're breeding for, the first criterion is vigor.
If they aren't strong and health, or have anything less than excellent vigor and health, out they go.
It's a numbers game, so the more you start the better the chance of finding that unicorn.
Best of luck!

By the way, didn't Mandalorian Genetics (now Gnome Genetics) have a "Bobby's Widow" Auto here a few years ago?

Last edited:
Hey growers & blowers :toke:

The day of reconning has come upon us...That is to say, upon the unwanted seedlings. 😇
For those of you with feeble harts...Please look away :mrgreen:

Let's begin with the situation before I started to pick the worst one's from the group. As you can see some of them are lying on their sides, these will have to go!!
View attachment 1670549

Crooked leaves, not a good sign. Byebye 🖐️👋
View attachment 1670550

Another with crooked leaves.
View attachment 1670551

The smallest one of the group. When I pulled the seedling from the soil, it barely had a root system...
View attachment 1670552

Don't have to explain why this one had to go? 🤌
View attachment 1670553
Greenhouse Seeds #2 can't hold it's liquor... :coffee:
View attachment 1670554

As does C4. 💥
View attachment 1670555

I1 wasn't barely bigger then F1 so it went the way of the dodo. Although when pulling the seedling out, it had a beautiful root ball dangling below.
Live and learn :shrug:
View attachment 1670557
A1 doesn't look that shabby either. I know, I have to be strict :naughtystep:
View attachment 1670558

The rest of the group...
All were making a sigh of relief, not being culled. "Let this be a lesson for ya'll! If you're not the best, you're gone with the rest!!" 👉
View attachment 1670559

32 seedlings have "survived" this ordeal. Two of them are GHS, so these don't count. I'm still in dubio over H4, H5, F5 and C1, as these are swaying from left to right in the breeze the fan puts out. But as long as they don't fall over I'll give 'm a chance.
I've also went from 24/7 lights on to a more "normal" 18/6 lights on/off. This meant I had to raise the power to the lights so my DLI would still end up around 20-24 Moles. The heatpad is turned off and the extraction fan is turned up by 1% to get the temperature into spec without messing up the VPD.
View attachment 1670560

I've also ordered 3L pots (19 cm Ø × 14,5 cm H) to transplant the seedlings in when the time is ripe. The organic soil in the greenhouse has been turned over again and is smelling sweet. Must be from all the molasses I added a while ago. I've also added about 10L rabbit manure in the mix. Looks like slow release pellets, hehe.

Anywho...That's it for today

Regards,

Just a tiny piece of advise/personal opinion. For most of it I completely agree with you and for example the A3 would be an exit for me too, but some of the other with slightly twisted leaves can still turn into beautiful ladies. It could also be an environmental twist, which goes away when the plant matures..

I had this with several times, and some of these ladies that you would feel like ditching in first instance really surprised me and the team in the end (even the ones with twisted leaves to the end).. we got some super potent and ultra good looking cup winning cuts from these plants.. I will share some more info of these with you later this year ;-)

Just a tiny piece of advise/personal opinion. For most of it I completely agree with you and for example the A3 would be an exit for me too, but some of the other with slightly twisted leaves can still turn into beautiful ladies. It could also be an environmental twist, which goes away when the plant matures..

I had this with several times, and some of these ladies that you would feel like ditching in first instance really surprised me and the team in the end (even the ones with twisted leaves to the end).. we got some super potent and ultra good looking cup winning cuts from these plants.. I will share some more info of these with you later this year ;-)
I got the same experience @Bob's Auto's , sometimes the tiny little ones will be the best and developed like a normal plant. I would highly recommend to pollinate a tiny one with a normal one for testing and to study what the offspring can give.

Back