Bob's Journey into Hybridisation and Genetics - For Dummies

You bringing this up at this time Is pretty timely! They have a sale! Now to be honest we I think it's pretty expensive at the sale price for some plastic, But that's the retarded times we're in!
I know, I just payed 79€ for my set...It is what it is. You make it yourself from buckets, but then you need to mount a spout on that said bucket and that might leak or the lid doesn't close properly and you don't get that anaerobic environment...So I also opted to wallop out my wallet and pay for the damn plastic buckets and a starter set of Bokashi bran.

You might not have a way to use that bran to make more bran? Or do I need to order myself some EM-1?

Day 61 - Junk Dealer's Wedding
First off, thanks go out to @Lil Dab for the rep points. :pass:
I harvested my first plant today...She looked ready enough and I couldn't wait any longer...
1699979432567 _small.jpg

Her trichomes looked mostly amber, but I only got one reasonable picture of it...
1699989003815 _small.jpg

The rest of the girls still looked like they could have a couple more days...
1699989003825 _small.jpg

1699989003795 _small.jpg

1699989003781 _small.jpg

The seed mother...
1699979432601 _small.jpg

1699979432586 _small.jpg

1699979432576 _small.jpg

1699979432563 _small.jpg

And the other seed mother...She began as my backup as I prefered the smaller pheno, but finally...this one will have a far more larger yield.
1699979432560 _small.jpg

1699979432555 _small.jpg

1699979432546 _small.jpg

Let's end today's post with another...yup, you've guessed it, time lapse...Speed = 60fps, duration = 100 hours. Enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

I know, I just payed 79€ for my set...It is what it is. You make it yourself from buckets, but then you need to mount a spout on that said bucket and that might leak or the lid doesn't close properly and you don't get that anaerobic environment...So I also opted to wallop out my wallet and pay for the damn plastic buckets and a starter set of Bokashi bran.

You might not have a way to use that bran to make more bran? Or do I need to order myself some EM-1?
You can make it with the bran and EM1, just look on their site and there should be a tutorial

Project Swamp Wine
Hey guys,

After everyone went to bed I sowed the seeds for this next project.
This project is inspired by Mephisto's Port & Stilton, which I had the honor of growing one time and that was quite a smoke. Since Mephisto isn't gonna make these seeds anytime soon, I feel obliged to give it a go and try to recreate what I enjoyed so much.
Port & Stilton was a hybrid created from crossing a Double Grape x Stilton Special. I can't get any of those, but I do have several Double Grape crosses in my library.
From all the cultivars only the (Double Grape x Toof Decay) x Sooty Bride is a regular and from these seeds the male genome donor for all the other girls will be selected. Like always, I'll be selecting on several basis and this starts at germination.
This is what I sowed and what I want to end up with. For those of you that know my setup, this amounts to 16 plants. Which fit perfectly inside the 3.5L pots.
Double Grape x 3 Bears OG4 > 3
Slaughtered Lam10 > 3
Skywalker OG x UK Cheese11 > 3
Cheese XXL S25 > 3
(Double Grape x Toof Decay) x Sooty Bride11 > 3 + 1

After germination the sprouts will be sowed into a germination tray with humidity dome and built-in lights...so the first selection will be to see which seeds emerge first and how perty they look. The remaining sprouts/unhatched seeds will go to the chickens. :thumbsup:
1699998030478 _small.jpg

Regards,

Hey guys,

This project is inspired by Mephisto's Port & Stilton, which I had the honor of growing one time and that was quite a smoke. Since Mephisto isn't gonna make these seeds anytime soon, I feel obliged to give it a go and try to recreate what I enjoyed so much.
I've got a few kickass Double Grape S1s left that I made by open-pollinating a full pack a couple of years ago. I'm working on a breeding project with them making regs - but I just got started 5 weeks ago. I'll be watching this thread with interest! :pop: 🍾

Double Grape x 3 Bears OG :dancer:

Loved the freebie!
Buy both to make my own!
That B I T C H 3 Bears OG absolutely hates me!:face:

The last mutant was a triploid of sort. I'm not breeding with mutant!:crying::crying::crying:

I think I have one or two more left i'm not for sure....................... Look pretty easy to check with my seed inventory..... I have three left. The next time I grow autos I will try to make me some more seeds of that Double Grape x 3 Bears OG:dancer::dancer::dancer:

Double Grape x 3 Bears OG :dancer:

Loved the freebie!
Buy both to make my own!
That B I T C H 3 Bears OG absolutely hates me!:face:

The last mutant was a triploid of sort. I'm not breeding with mutant!:crying::crying::crying:

I think I have one or two more left i'm not for sure....................... Look pretty easy to check with my seed inventory..... I have three left. The next time I grow autos I will try to make me some more seeds of that Double Grape x 3 Bears OG:dancer::dancer::dancer:
These seeds will become part of my breeding stock. It'll be crossed with the (Double Grape x Toof Decay) x Sooty Bride aka (Mephisto's Wedding x Coal miner's Daughter). So lot's of Double Grape will be in this cross. When harvest comes send me a pm and we'll continue in privy :cheers:

I've got a few kickass Double Grape S1s left that I made by open-pollinating a full pack a couple of years ago. I'm working on a breeding project with them making regs - but I just got started 5 weeks ago. I'll be watching this thread with interest! :pop: 🍾
What are you gonna use a the male donor?

What are you gonna use a the male donor?
I'm pollen-chucking with some polyhybrid regulars (Northern Cheese Haze x Chem Candy). Then I'm going to do three open pollinations backcrossing males from each generation with a fresh group of sprouts from the DG seeds I made and see what happens.

Day 62 - Junk Dealer's Wedding
I'm pollen-chucking with some polyhybrid regulars (Northern Cheese Haze x Chem Candy). Then I'm going to do three open pollinations backcrossing males from each generation with a fresh group of sprouts from the DG seeds I made and see what happens.
Sounds interesting. Creating polyhybrids opens up the entire spectrum of genealogy in the F1 & F2 generations. Backcrossing to an original parent will bring that parent's genes out more. Just smoking the first quick dried buds from the plant I harvested yesterday, which is a Bx to Mephisto's Wedding and boy-o-boy...Even badly dried this is already amazing bud!! wooopwooop.

So, while down there, watering the ladies I thought to myself, why not take a couple of pictures for my AFN friends...
First couple with the lights out, these girls look frosty huh?
1700075891597 _small.jpg

They are so close you guys...Senecense is setting in looking at the different leaf colors.
1700075891593 _small.jpg

And the amount of frost accumulating is just ridiculous!
1700075891588 _small.jpg

In the left corner the larger pheno seed mother...Checked every crusty leaf for that tell tale sign of mold. Toptip you guys; lightly pull on that said leaf and if it comes loose after a small tugg, take a look at the stem. If it's grey, you've got mold. If the stem is a nice straight cut, you are good and that's just the plants way of getting rid of them leaves.
1700075891584 _small.jpg

Nice clayx-to-leaf ratio. And if I ca, find some cheap ass trim tray I feel there's loads of trichomes to be harvested from this cultivar. My grinder has a sepperation screen and only after one bud with a load of dried leaf it left a pile of trichomes good enough for vape test...:baked:
1700075891579 _small.jpg

Even the runt of the litter is looking mighty fine here... :thumbsup:
1700075891575 _small.jpg

Just before watering the lot. I find it easier to remove two pots so I have free reign with my watering hoze. Yup, each plant is hand watered from start to finish. This gives me the opportunity to check each plant from top to bottom while doing so.
1700075891570 _small.jpg

A couple of bud shots for you pr0n lovers...
1700075891565 _small.jpg

1700075891560 _small.jpg

1700075891556 _small.jpg

1700075891549 _small.jpg

This large pheno seed mother is looking very scrumptious, if I may say so...
1700075891545 _small.jpg

1700075891540 _small.jpg

Now It's just waiting patiently for the ripening of the trichomes
Trichome1.png

Trichome2.png

What do you guys think? Is this cultivar good enough to be crossed with the Widow of my dreams?

Regards,

Back