Bob's Journey into Hybridisation and Genetics - For Dummies

I will show you my method of pollination dude. As soon as a male and female are ready to pair up I will post my way of seed making. Sometimes a male is ready way before the female so it sits at a window or on a counter top waiting to get jiggy.
But won't the flowers have opened up by then? I started panicking as soon as I saw the opened flowers, barely touching the plant released a cloud of pollen particles in the air. Glad I decided upon keeping the males in the tent away from the greenhouse, lol...
I wanted a buck load more pollen then I harvested last year. I did get seeds, but not like you do...Think 50-ish seeds was the most, which is laughable looking at your results...

Still pondering how to pollinate as well, will probably have to do it inside a big bin bag or something similar as I don't want the entire greenhouse pollinated of course. But a bin bag gets statically charged and this will attract the pollen, which is no good to...sigh...

I live in a small house . I use my bathroom to pollinate plants.
A clean sterile place and a clean down after the process and repeat the next day .
Thanks for the tip. I'll have another ponder about the subject...Don't like the idea of transporting the plants outside the greenhouse. They've gotten to large and to many prying eyes...

I did feed my ladies today as I finally added the BioTabs to the soil...
1685988409873 _small.jpg

These ladies got four tabs as they are inside a 10gallon pot. Afterwards they got about three liters of water with 3gr Bactrex mixed in it, actually I mixed up a 5L watering can with 5gr. Bactrex to 5L of water, but you get the jest.
1685988409814 _small.jpg

The rest got divided over a couple other plants, then I remixed another watering can and continued. All ladies got their dose of Bactrex to kickstart the conversion of the BioTabs.
1685988409805 _small.jpg

Yup, other seedlings got sown into the other pots. Got some bell peppers and more spicier ones, a couple of tomato cultivars, large and small cucumbers got planted last weekend. Also am going for some gigantic zucchini's grown inside a 200L barrel. They start out inside the soil mix my other plants are in, but once the roots get down into the barrel they will be fed on the leftover nutrients I mixed up from a couple of years ago. This mixture was based upon MC, so it'll do just fine. A couple of years ago I grew zucchini's of over one meter long, those plants bore about five of those fruit, but drank 200L a week!!!
1685988409810 _small.jpg

The ladies in waiting also got another watering in their tray.
1685901799270 _small.jpg

I like to give 'm just not enough water, which makes their pots quite light when I arrive the next day to water them again. The heat, low humidity and lack of water stresses them out quite a bit, but until now no male parts to be found. This tray is banana free you guys :lildab:
1685901799266 _small.jpg

1685901799263 _small.jpg

1685901799259 _small.jpg

Double Grape is also the basis for what I can describe one of the best smokes I ever got...Port & Stilton, one of Mephisto's Illuminati's that never got released again. The DG has been used in multiple breeding projects because of it's enormous trichome production. So when I found this one in my Santa pack over the Christmas holidays I was stoked to say the less...Crossing this over to the Wedding x CMD will make for an interesting offspring, that's for sure.
1685901799255 _small.jpg

Anyway, that's it for today you guys. :thanks: for dropping by and hope to see you again next time :welcome:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Thanks for the tip. I'll have another ponder about the subject...Don't like the idea of transporting the plants outside the greenhouse. They've gotten to large and to many prying eyes...

View attachment 1600685

These ladies got four tabs as they are inside a 10gallon pot. Afterwards they got about three liters of water with 3gr Bactrex mixed in it, actually I mixed up a 5L watering can with 5gr. Bactrex to 5L of water, but you get the jest.
View attachment 1600687

The rest got divided over a couple other plants, then I remixed another watering can and continued. All ladies got their dose of Bactrex to kickstart the conversion of the BioTabs.
View attachment 1600690

Yup, other seedlings got sown into the other pots. Got some bell peppers and more spicier ones, a couple of tomato cultivars, large and small cucumbers got planted last weekend. Also am going for some gigantic zucchini's grown inside a 200L barrel. They start out inside the soil mix my other plants are in, but once the roots get down into the barrel they will be fed on the leftover nutrients I mixed up from a couple of years ago. This mixture was based upon MC, so it'll do just fine. A couple of years ago I grew zucchini's of over one meter long, those plants bore about five of those fruit, but drank 200L a week!!!
View attachment 1600689

View attachment 1600704

I like to give 'm just not enough water, which makes their pots quite light when I arrive the next day to water them again. The heat, low humidity and lack of water stresses them out quite a bit, but until now no male parts to be found. This tray is banana free you guys :lildab:
View attachment 1600705

View attachment 1600706

View attachment 1600707

Double Grape is also the basis for what I can describe one of the best smokes I ever got...Port & Stilton, one of Mephisto's Illuminati's that never got released again. The DG has been used in multiple breeding projects because of it's enormous trichome production. So when I found this one in my Santa pack over the Christmas holidays I was stoked to say the less...Crossing this over to the Wedding x CMD will make for an interesting offspring, that's for sure.
View attachment 1600708

Anyway, that's it for today you guys. :thanks: for dropping by and hope to see you again next time :welcome:

Regards,

Looking good mate.
Spot on

Day 33
Hey Breeders 👊
Let's begin with the plants inside the greenhouse...Well, these ladies are growing at an enormous pace.
1686151382372 _small.jpg

The Double Grape x Toof Decay is starting to go into flower.
1686151382364 _small.jpg

She's on par with the Dutch Passion girls who are growing mere meters from her.
1686151382359 _small.jpg

The furthest of all the plants is the Mephisto Wedding x Coal Miner's Daughter and looking at the male inside the tent this is one of the earliest flowering cultivars I've grown so far...Could this be due to the fact that this is offspring from a "regular" mating? Or is it just that one of the two parents is just freaking early?
1686151382350 _small.jpg

Curious what the haul from this one will be...Hybrid vigor suggests a healthy plant, but if she will produce something noteworthy is to be seen. 🤞
1686151382346 _small.jpg

But it sure looks promissing :hump:
1686151382341 _small.jpg

Finally we have the Mephisto Wedding sisters inside the big pot. Both ladies look very similar, but the closest to the camera is a bit ahead on the one behind her. I'm definitely going to pollinate a branch of this one to make a back cross with the Wedding x CMD.
1686151382331 _small.jpg

Superhealthy plants...Look at them colors.
1686151382327 _small.jpg

The hind one...Very similar, but a bit less bulky.
1686151382324 _small.jpg

We also have the ladies in waiting. I've moved the tray as these plants were clearly visible through the window when standing on the table...Oops...
1686151382320 _small.jpg

The other Double Grape x Toof Decay. When inside the tent this was the prettiest of the two. I selected her solely for seed making and compared to her sister in the larger pot, she's quite ahead on her to. The other one will be used for smoking :pass:
1686151382315 _small.jpg

The Wedding x CMD is just like her larger sister the furthest of all the plants. Flowers everywhere and she's not done by a long shot!!
1686151382308 _small.jpg

Finally a pot with two sisters which actually should have been planted in a big pot, but somehow I missed it... Oh well, at least make some seeds and have enough for a couple of joints to see what I have to work with.
1686151382300 _small.jpg

Yup, the Strainly seeds where my Mephisto journey began...
1686151382296 _small.jpg

Day 33 - part two
Inside the tent this male cycle is coming to an end. As soon as the pollen is spilt he will become chicken food or compost, but this stud will have loads of offspring. So his genetic makeup will continue further.
1686158884872 _small.jpg

I'm touching nothing and leaving this premature, ahum, pollen alone.
1686158884864 _small.jpg

The stamina around the spilt pollen is clearly getting ready to open up.
1686158884861 _small.jpg

Regards,

Last edited:
Inside the tent this male cycle is coming to an end. As soon as the pollen is spilt he will become chicken food or compost, but this stud will have loads of offspring. So his genetic makeup will continue further.
View attachment 1601252

View attachment 1601253

View attachment 1601254

Regards,

He's an eager Fugger!:funny:

View attachment 1600685

View attachment 1600687

View attachment 1600690

View attachment 1600689

View attachment 1600704

View attachment 1600705

View attachment 1600706

View attachment 1600707

View attachment 1600708

Regards,

I have to be honest with you @Bob's Auto's and with the rest on here too, both the Double Grape as well as the Sour Stomper been 2 of my top 10 auto's that I grew during all those years. What a joy to grow, and to smoke, terpy potent and stunning lookers.. I think the Sour Stomper being my absolute favorite of the two, but the Double Grape is something special as well.

Btw, plants are looking nice! Some are having a N deficiency it seems, as well as battling a bit of drought. Loosing/shedding their bottom leaves. Time to water up my friend!
View attachment 1601252

View attachment 1601253

View attachment 1601254

Regards,

The Magic dust! :aha:Always nice to see the other sex as well, people often talking about males being dominantly in most businesses, well, this is one where males play the smallest role! :crying:

Day 36
Antonio,

I completely agree. The Double Grape is something special. 👌
Guess, that's why it's been used so much in creating new hybrids. The amount of trichomes it produces is just sick :hump:

Let's begin with our pollen donor :woody:
1686427289856 _small.jpg

As you can see, over the last couple of days he's been opening up his flowers and dumping a sh!tload of pollen inside the aluminum cup I've molded around the stem.
1686427289840 _small.jpg

There's still enough flowers that haven't opened up, so I'm going to let it run for a couple more days. Then it's harvesting time and I'll show you guys how much pollen I was able to collect :thumbsup:
1686427289834 _small.jpg

Next, we move ourselves to the greenhouse...
The first lady we are looking at is the Double Grape x Toof Decay.
1686424485521 _small.jpg

At 36 days old she is sliding into flowering and producing some nice short pistils.
1686424485517 _small.jpg

Lovely isn't it ♥
1686424485513 _small.jpg

Next up, the Mephisto Wedding x Coal Miner's Daughter. This one is the furthest of all the plants.
1686424485509 _small.jpg

And she's nicely on her way to produce one massive cola. The first frost is also appearing...Oh, heavenly times ahead my friends. I'll be pollinating her sister inside the 3.5L pot, which has the same amount of pistils and frost...:headbang:
1686424485505 _small.jpg

Lastly we have the Mephisto Wedding twins inside the big pot. Together they look kinda bushy, but if you look at each plant separately you can see that the front one doesn't have many extending side shoots. She wants to become a SOG girl... I'm definitely pollinating one branch from this first one...She's got potential :thumbsup:
1686424485501 _small.jpg

The first plant's top...
1686424485497 _small.jpg

And the one behind that. Both are 36 days old...
1686424485493 _small.jpg

I'd prefer the first one to continue with. Both will probably give me some nice smoke, but the first one is the girl to pollinate. :dancer:
1686424485485 _small.jpg

Anyway, that's it for today's post. Hope you guys enjoyed the pictures and hope to see you soon :thanks:

Regards,

Last edited:
Back