Bob's Journey into Hybridisation and Genetics - For Dummies

A lot of hard but valuable work has been done, as you know, good preparation is key! Looking forward to this years greenhouse run from you mate! :toke:

Good luck, lets hope the weather will get better soon again :headbang:

Peace out, Antonio :baked:

Thanks mate!! No edibles today...Have a doctor's appointment in a couple of hours..."Blow in the tube sir, no no, blów in the tube" :rofl:
I did fill the pots with soil...Took my time this morning gathering all the materials I needed in the greenhouse for a longer stay...Coffee mug, small tray with smokewarez, phone, lighter... Oh, you know what I mean :cheers:

I did get to fill every pot I had in the greenhouse and then some...Have a look :pop:
The square pots are 15L/3.9gallon, ten pots...
The large fabric pots are 75L/20gallon, three pots
The small fabric pots are 26L/7gallon, eight pots
View attachment 1591991

The bin (front left) is 70L/18gallon and is what is left because all the pots where filled, lol. And the tub behind that is 50L/13gallon. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1591992

The two pots in front are 35L/9.25gallon and the tub behind that is 50L/13gallon.
View attachment 1591993

So, that's it for now! Glad I got to fill everything and happy to reuse all the soil inside the mix. It's been quite the job to get everything inside the greenhouse and mix that entire pile, but I'm confident I did a great job in mixing it thoroughly.
Not all the pots are going to be used for my canna hobby. The larger pots will be used for some tropical plants, if I ever get my seeds here and some other greenhouse plants to smirk things up and make it look I'm not only growing weed in that thing, hehe...

Inside the tent everything is going as expected. The two seedlings that were looking so sad are still looking sad and will probably not make it. Only the strong will survive, at least if you take me out of that equation :coffee2::haha:
The other ladies are enjoying their stay under the light, which is set at only 10%. This will turned up in the next days. First wanna let the roots settle in their new environment :thumbsup:
View attachment 1591995

Regards,

Bob :toke:
Good luck at the docs dude.

lets hope the weather will get better soon again
Luckily we're having this kind of weather now...where I don't break out in a sweat by just lifting a pot. But yeah, it's all in the preparation. Do it right the first time and the rest of the year you reap the benefits :d5:

Good luck at the docs dude.
Thanks mate!! Got a great result back. Doc had the assistant redo the test because she didn't believe it at first. I've got a new puffer and that thing does wonders. Probably on the blacklist if you're a professional runner... Anyway I feel good as well and that's the most important part :thumbsup:

When I got back, the postman delivered the connector to connect the hose to the IBC, so I got to work and now I have a main waterline running through the greenhouse connected to the IBC. :woohoo1:
He also delivered the small solenoids which I'll be testing asap. I expect the other parts to arrive by the end of next week, so next job on my todo list is clean up my study so I have room to build the sensors and controllers. Then it's to the construction store/place/thingy to get me some supplies. And build the damn things. Good preparation is half the work :thumbsup:

Day 7
Feck, that S.o.S. is kicking my ass today, don't know what's different, but I'm stoned as f#(k :dizzy:
But that's not why you guys are here, right? :thumbsup::haha:

This is why you are here. :hump: AFN RULES BABY!!! :headbang:
1683901628809 _small.jpg

These lovelies are a week old now and are starting to take off. I'm sure the roots have migrated into the surrounding soil, so watering won't have to happen for a while now. This way the roots have to go looking for water deeper into the soil, fully filling the pot in the next weeks or so.
1683901628849 _small.jpg

When I'm actually going to transfer the pots to the greenhouse depends mainly on the weather. If everything keeps going like it is now, a week will be more then enough for the temperature to be high enough at night not to harm the ladies.
1683901628842 _small.jpg

On the other hand, inside the tent they are receiving light 24/7, so I get two days out of every one in the greenhouse right now. It's only in June that the days becomes as long as the night...
1683901628837 _small.jpg

But then again, nothing can beat sunlight. Even on a cloudy day the light output from the sun supersedes any artificial light one, end of story...
1683901628833 _small.jpg

The one and only, @stan_mephisto!! Finally got my hands on some real meph gear and I'm so stoked to get these girls going.
I've decided to put these two into one large 20gallon/75L fabric pot. You think that'll be large enough?
1683901628828 _small.jpg

I'm also growing these two Illuminautos. Can allready see a difference in height between these two. Which one would you keep?
1683901628776 _small.jpg

All these ladies ór gents are doing great and are loving it under the lights you guys...
1683901628770 _small.jpg

Come on, let's :goodluck: our fingers there are multiple males to choose from. *knocking on wood*
1683901628805 _small.jpg

1683901628833 _small.jpg

1683901628837 _small.jpg

1683901628842 _small.jpg

1683901628849 _small.jpg

Interesting combination no? Two favorites from Mephisto, which by my research never made it to the Illuminautos.
1683901628813 _small.jpg

To end things I've got a nice time lapse for you guys. Duration = 72hours, speed = 120fps. Enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

Feck, that S.o.S. is kicking my ass today, don't know what's different, but I'm stoned as f#(k :dizzy:
But that's not why you guys are here, right? :thumbsup::haha:

This is why you are here. :hump: AFN RULES BABY!!! :headbang:
View attachment 1592635

These lovelies are a week old now and are starting to take off. I'm sure the roots have migrated into the surrounding soil, so watering won't have to happen for a while now. This way the roots have to go looking for water deeper into the soil, fully filling the pot in the next weeks or so.
View attachment 1592637

When I'm actually going to transfer the pots to the greenhouse depends mainly on the weather. If everything keeps going like it is now, a week will be more then enough for the temperature to be high enough at night not to harm the ladies.
View attachment 1592638

On the other hand, inside the tent they are receiving light 24/7, so I get two days out of every one in the greenhouse right now. It's only in June that the days becomes as long as the night...
View attachment 1592639

But then again, nothing can beat sunlight. Even on a cloudy day the light output from the sun supersedes any artificial light one, end of story...
View attachment 1592641

The one and only, @stan_mephisto!! Finally got my hands on some real meph gear and I'm so stoked to get these girls going.
I've decided to put these two into one large 20gallon/75L fabric pot. You think that'll be large enough?
View attachment 1592644

I'm also growing these two Illuminautos. Can allready see a difference in height between these two. Which one would you keep?
View attachment 1592651

All these ladies ór gents are doing great and are loving it under the lights you guys...
View attachment 1592655

Come on, let's :goodluck: our fingers there are multiple males to choose from. *knocking on wood*
View attachment 1592661

View attachment 1592718

View attachment 1592719

View attachment 1592720

View attachment 1592721

Interesting combination no? Two favorites from Mephisto, which by my research never made it to the Illuminautos.
View attachment 1592665

To end things I've got a nice time lapse for you guys. Duration = 72hours, speed = 120fps. Enjoy :thanks:
View attachment 1592729

Regards,

spawn of sawney got you in another dimension mate. Lol

:woohoo1:

And meanwhile every sprout has emerged from the soil. So the seeds that hatched all made it to the surface!! One healthy crew ya'll :thumbsup:
View attachment 1591344
<Snip-a-De-Do-Da>
This will help in keeping that humidity high, just like these little ones like :thumbsup:

Regards,

Just wanted to throw ya a Brofist on the 100% Beans sprouting :cheers::woohoo1:

Day 11
Hey Growers and Wannabreeders :welcome:

Let's begin with the regulars inside the tent. These all look fairly similar so I'm really excited to find out what gender they will turn out to be. Statistics predict a 50/50 chance, but were working with live materials and it can go all directions...
1684253200999 _small.jpg

There is quite the difference between the two Double Grape x Toof Decay's I've got, but that's ok. That's why we sow multiple seeds...and keep the strongest :thumbsup:
1684253200992 _small.jpg

The upper one, looks like a slow grower, but the internodal space is shorter then with the lower one...
1684253200982 _small.jpg

Mephisto's Wedding x Forum Stomper...The bigger one will be the lucky one. The smaller version is doing something strange with it's top...
1684253200976 _small.jpg

Both Weddings look similar and healthy. They will receive a large pot my friends...Bob's is lookin' on makin some rosin for winters come...:hump:
1684253200964 _small.jpg

Let's not forget AFN people!!! Whoohoooo:woohoo1:
1684253200949 _small.jpg

To end today's post, here's a time lapse. Duration = 96hours, Speed = 120fps.

Regards,

Hey Growers and Wannabreeders :welcome:

Let's begin with the regulars inside the tent. These all look fairly similar so I'm really excited to find out what gender they will turn out to be. Statistics predict a 50/50 chance, but were working with live materials and it can go all directions...
View attachment 1594006

There is quite the difference between the two Double Grape x Toof Decay's I've got, but that's ok. That's why we sow multiple seeds...and keep the strongest :thumbsup:
View attachment 1594007

The upper one, looks like a slow grower, but the internodal space is shorter then with the lower one...
View attachment 1594008

Mephisto's Wedding x Forum Stomper...The bigger one will be the lucky one. The smaller version is doing something strange with it's top...
View attachment 1594009

Both Weddings look similar and healthy. They will receive a large pot my friends...Bob's is lookin' on makin some rosin for winters come...:hump:
View attachment 1594010

Let's not forget AFN people!!! Whoohoooo:woohoo1:
View attachment 1594011

To end today's post, here's a time lapse. Duration = 96hours, Speed = 120fps.
View attachment 1594013

Regards,

cool AF as usual.

Back