I'm an outdoor grower and I'm not much on ferts..MH grow to my pace.
With LED you Need a good fert schedule..to keep up with the LED. :biggrin:

Which one you testing now @Ripper ..?
Yeah, I have a pretty good base Nutes That I been using... It works well for me... I not have any issues about, keeping plants healthy ;)

Excited to see how the CMH perform...one day i hope to have a grow space big enough for a CMH/COB hybrid lighting setup
Yeah, I'll be using a hybrid type setup... CMH/Led:d5: one thing I really like about cmh lamps is the extreme amounts of uvb, uva and a few other uv wave lengths, plus cmh covers ir to far-red to extreme uv and everything in-between:thumbsup:

Yeah, I'll be using a hybrid type setup... CMH/Led:d5: one thing I really like about cmh lamps is the extreme amounts of uvb, uva and a few other uv wave lengths, plus cmh covers ir to far-red to extreme uv and everything in-between:thumbsup:

Totally...thats exactly why I wanted that specific setup! Very cool...please tag me when you get it fired up. Love to see what you can do with them bud!

Totally...thats exactly why I wanted that specific setup! Very cool...please tag me when you get it fired up. Love to see what you can do with them bud!
I sure will Brother! Ya know really the only thing I not like and this from study them already... is the amount of power it takes to fire that lamp up it's like 5kv that is insane amount of juice!!! These lamps made to run in open fixtures though, they suppose to be double jacketed...They run cooler then a 400w hps/mh does. they quite the light.. am so much looking forward to testing it out, I've done ton's of research already on these lamps...Nice I finally get to try one out!

I sure will Brother! Ya know really the only thing I not like and this from study them already... is the amount of power it takes to fire that lamp up it's like 5kv that is insane amount of juice!!! These lamps made to run in open fixtures though, they suppose to be double jacketed...They run cooler then a 400w hps/mh does. they quite the light.. am so much looking forward to testing it out, I've done ton's of research already on these lamps...Nice I finally get to try one out!

Is there any negative to running them 24/0 from the research you have done bud?

okay there's two thing I don't like... one is lamp cost... cheap ones start at 50$, the good ones well over 100$... I had choice of 3100k or 4200k, I picked the 3100k...I probably should of picked the 4200k, coz that one is over 100$.. The 3100k or 4100k are slightly better priced, but still a lot... I'll have to start finding some back lamps online, problem is them cheap ones I worry about explosions or dead lamps.

Is there any negative to running them 24/0 from the research you have done bud?
No, I actually know of someone who use's what you & I both call a Hybrid... He has Led/CMH/Led, he a member here also, he's quite the grower too.. I not really see him on afn so much, but on fb afn I used chat with him quite often... He the one who even got me interested in these. I believe he runs 24/0 with no issues.. I'm gonna have ask him again, and also invite him to watch this test grow. I haven't talked to him in a while, but we friends on fb, so I'll look up name, coz honestly I can;t remember off top of my head..once I say his name I'm 100% sure you'll at least of heard of him.

Last edited:
No, I actually know of someone who use's what you & I both call a Hybrid... He has Led/CMH/Led, he a member here also, he's quite the grower too.. I not really see him on afn so much, but on fb afn I used chat with him quite often... He the one who even got me interested in these.

Ive watched a few CMH grows on other sites and seen some really exceptional crystal from them. Thats not saying cobs or hell even plurple arent growing exceptional crystal as well(or MH/HPS for that matter), but some of the cmh grows were crazy loaded with trichs, and Ive heard a few guys stating that the trich formation is amazing whatever strain. I am already a believer on UV, it works, no doubt in my mind.

Back