Grow Room 4" carbon filter

Reaction score
Hi I ordered a carbon filter as a spare but I was still using my old one now it is time to be replaced I took it out of the packet and it isn't 4 inch maybe 6 inch so it doesn't fit inside of the plastic casing like my old one but will fit ever so tightly to the outside of casing the question is would I be better doing this or running some ducting from the one to the other I have been trying to attach it for about 40 minute's lol like I said it will be tight to the outside but won't fit inside short story I have been sent a different size to what I ordered the inside of casing is 4 inch the outside is like 6 inch.

Hi I ordered a carbon filter as a spare but I was still using my old one now it is time to be replaced I took it out of the packet and it isn't 4 inch maybe 6 inch so it doesn't fit inside of the plastic casing like my old one but will fit ever so tightly to the outside of casing the question is would I be better doing this or running some ducting from the one to the other I have been trying to attach it for about 40 minute's lol like I said it will be tight to the outside but won't fit inside short story I have been sent a different size to what I ordered the inside of casing is 4 inch the outside is like 6 inch.
can you post a pic please bro also what mm does it say on the box
100mm 4 inch

125mm x 5 inch

150mm x 6 inch

Yeah box says 100mm on fan and on the box for the carbon filter 100mm obviously I know the carbon filter isn't 100mm since the old 100mm went inside the cases as it should but does fit on the outside which would probably make it 125mm I'm guessing they put the wrong filter In the box as they didn't have the other one well being a handy wizard lol I mean I will fix anything eventually it's all sorted now I attached it to the outside of the casing and secured it there and it's working a treat cheers for the help anyway I'm guessing the old one was clogged as the air suction was very dull it's back to normal now and is functioning as it should.

Yeah box says 100mm on fan and on the box for the carbon filter 100mm obviously I know the carbon filter isn't 100mm since the old 100mm went inside the cases as it should but does fit on the outside which would probably make it 125mm I'm guessing they put the wrong filter In the box as they didn't have the other one well being a handy wizard lol I mean I will fix anything eventually it's all sorted now I attached it to the outside of the casing and secured it there and it's working a treat cheers for the help anyway I'm guessing the old one was clogged as the air suction was very dull it's back to normal now and is functioning as it should.
glad your sorted but you are attaching ducting from your fan then onto the carbon filter yes as I think I got mixed up thinking you were trying to put you ducting on the inside or the carbon filter not the outside lip type of thing

U ok then.
If filter is inside tent then its definitely ok
If outside and pushing through the filter then maybe a tiny bit could escape as air is pushing against the edge of the join area.
But if its tight and a wrap of tape or a giant jubilee clamp is on it then alls good.

I know what you mean buddy I should of explained it better I got it attached to the plastic mount now which I originally wanted I was talking about using a ducting to connect from the mounting hole to the carbon filter if I couldn't get it into the mounting hole although this isn't what I wanted I'm glad the end result was the way I wanted it straight to the mounting hole feel like the old one got clogged wasn't even sucking much and it was releasing smells the inline fan itself is great so knew it wasn't that as I cleaned it and nothing changed now it's back to normal and can't smell anything probably the best extractor I invested in.

Yeah it's inside I don't really have a tent so I am using my growdrobe but it is inside it's working like brand new now no smell are leaking like it was at less than half mass well I say half it wasn't even a quarter suction before I changed it guessing the old one was clogged.

Back