New Grower 1st grow / 4 seedbanks / coco / TSW2000 / GHE Trio

Apparently DI would do more bad then good so I ordered an aquarium RO system for about 100 dollar
Will look something like this

1617024124684.png

Should do the same job as a big unit but will clean "only" 2 gallon per hour.
It will arrive in 2 days so I'll make sure to let you know if it does that job.
The under the sink units costs alot and can be difficult to install for most.
This seems ideal for small growers and you can find these anywhere starting from 50 dollar.

I have a bunch of Mephisto seeds coming in and im ordering the TA (GHE) coco dualpart nutrients to go with the RO water.
Gonna start in 1L plastic pots and transplant to 9.2L airpots, I replaced every nutrient with the GHE variant.
Will soak the coco for the 1L in PH 5.8 / 0.4 EC solution for a few hours before planting.
Am I forgetting something?? I don't think so, right???

Should I use PH'd RO water to germinate the seed or do I need to add anything?

Apparently DI would do more bad then good so I ordered an aquarium RO system for about 100 dollar
Will look something like this

View attachment 1301809

Should do the same job as a big unit but will clean "only" 2 gallon per hour.
It will arrive in 2 days so I'll make sure to let you know if it does that job.
The under the sink units costs alot and can be difficult to install for most.
This seems ideal for small growers and you can find these anywhere starting from 50 dollar.

I have a bunch of Mephisto seeds coming in and im ordering the TA (GHE) coco dualpart nutrients to go with the RO water.
Gonna start in 1L plastic pots and transplant to 9.2L airpots, I replaced every nutrient with the GHE variant.
Will soak the coco for the 1L in PH 5.8 / 0.4 EC solution for a few hours before planting.
Am I forgetting something?? I don't think so, right???

Should I use PH'd RO water to germinate the seed or do I need to add anything?
How’s the new system?

How’s the new system?

I got the AMTRA OSMOSIS SYSTEM 190, the size is about 3 bottles of 1.5L next to eachother.
It does clean 2 gal per hour, which is fine for me. Just use an alarm because I already forgot it was running once lol.
The water went from 0.55EC to 0.01EC and back to around 7PH.
Overall I think its great but I havn't been able to use it on plants yet.

My Mephisto seeds are only gonna arrive in about 2 weeks so I started some random seeds I had left to try it out.
2 hours after I placed the seeds in water my humidifier broke.

I ordered a 3.5L taotronic humidifier + inkbird controller but will only arrive the 9th.
Gonna have to leave these under humidity domes in the meanwhile, my RH% in the tent is below 30% at all times without a humidifier..

Also bought the whole Canna coco line to go with the RO water.

So waiting for Meph seeds to start a new journal, its been an expensive journey so far lol

I got the AMTRA OSMOSIS SYSTEM 190, the size is about 3 bottles of 1.5L next to eachother.
It does clean 2 gal per hour, which is fine for me. Just use an alarm because I already forgot it was running once lol.
The water went from 0.55EC to 0.01EC and back to around 7PH.
Overall I think its great but I havn't been able to use it on plants yet.

My Mephisto seeds are only gonna arrive in about 2 weeks so I started some random seeds I had left to try it out.
2 hours after I placed the seeds in water my humidifier broke.

I ordered a 3.5L taotronic humidifier + inkbird controller but will only arrive the 9th.
Gonna have to leave these under humidity domes in the meanwhile, my RH% in the tent is below 30% at all times without a humidifier..

Also bought the whole Canna coco line to go with the RO water.

So waiting for Meph seeds to start a new journal, its been an expensive journey so far lol

Glad you found a solution to your water problem. I looked into RO myself until i seen it wastes 4 gallons to 1 gallon cleaned which scared me of a higher water bill, i decided to order a normal carbon water filter for taste and getting rid of the basics.

Bummer about your humidifier ; / my taotronics humidifier i have worked so good i bought another for my game room, we have bad static in our house below 40% RH.
They both have been running non stop for about a month now and no issues so you should be happy with it. The best feature is setting a RH and it will turn off and on as needed to get the set RH desired. I wish i could figure out a way to fill my grow tent humidifier without removing the tank once a day though, maybe someone has drilled a hole in the top and made a fill hole.

Glad you found a solution to your water problem. I looked into RO myself until i seen it wastes 4 gallons to 1 gallon cleaned which scared me of a higher water bill, i decided to order a normal carbon water filter for taste and getting rid of the basics.

Bummer about your humidifier ; / my taotronics humidifier i have worked so good i bought another for my game room, we have bad static in our house below 40% RH.
They both have been running non stop for about a month now and no issues so you should be happy with it. The best feature is setting a RH and it will turn off and on as needed to get the set RH desired. I wish i could figure out a way to fill my grow tent humidifier without removing the tank once a day though, maybe someone has drilled a hole in the top and made a fill hole.

I don't think the water bill should be that much a difference, it's like taking 2 extra baths a week or something.
Unless you have alot of plants ofcourse lol.

I saw these terrarium humidifiers with a hose on it, you can place those outside the tent.
But someone who had one said it's awful lol.
I'm afraid there's no other way around unless you buy an expensive unit.
And yes I don't get why you can't fill these things up from the top, makes no sense.
I'm sure making a hole with a seal would work, certainly not gonna attempt it until I see someone else do it lmao

Growing pains for sure! My first humidifier died after the first 2 days of using it. Like zeromitch said, the Taotronic humidifier is running like a champ, but I have a new, larger one coming Monday (by larger, I mean it is on wheels) because the Taotronic reservoir wasn't big enough for my needs, and there have been a few times when it ran out over night and when I check on the plants the RH is down to 25%. No bueno.

I do RO as well -- mine has options for RO to waste of 1:1 or 2:1...I have no idea what mine is set to LOL as I didn't install it -- I do PH my water every time, but earlier today, I did see a comment from Proph stating that water only needs to be PH'd when adding something with an NPK value.

And yeah, why the f isn't top fill the standard? At least the Taotronic comes with a second handle underneath the tank which was a nice touch. Good luck, amigro!

I'm sure making a hole with a seal would work, certainly not gonna attempt it until I see someone else do it lmao
lol ikr i won't be the lab rat either

Growing pains for sure! My first humidifier died after the first 2 days of using it. Like zeromitch said, the Taotronic humidifier is running like a champ, but I have a new, larger one coming Monday (by larger, I mean it is on wheels) because the Taotronic reservoir wasn't big enough for my needs, and there have been a few times when it ran out over night and when I check on the plants the RH is down to 25%. No bueno.

I do RO as well -- mine has options for RO to waste of 1:1 or 2:1...I have no idea what mine is set to LOL as I didn't install it -- I do PH my water every time, but earlier today, I did see a comment from Proph stating that water only needs to be PH'd when adding something with an NPK value.

And yeah, why the f isn't top fill the standard? At least the Taotronic comes with a second handle underneath the tank which was a nice touch. Good luck, amigro!
Nice, if mine lasts a year i'll upgrade to a bigger tank but i gotta get my moneys worth unless the fucker breaks ofc

yeah i do appreciate the dual handles but i feel i always forget to take the nozzle tip off and every time that thing bounces off our hard wood floors lol

lol ikr i won't be the lab rat either

Nice, if mine lasts a year i'll upgrade to a bigger tank but i gotta get my moneys worth unless the fucker breaks ofc

yeah i do appreciate the dual handles but i feel i always forget to take the nozzle tip off and every time that thing bounces off our hard wood floors lol

Yeah, the tip falling off happens to me a lot

Man O Green recommended this humidifier, FYI. I went one bigger to get the 3.5 gallon tank.

You use pure RO or add water back to it?
Idk it's something Canna recommends, to add tap water back to 0.2 EC and then calmag till 0.4 EC.

It was hard to find a bigger tank with a proper nozzle that doesn't suddenly cost 100 extra lol

You use pure RO or add water back to it?
Idk it's something Canna recommends, to add tap water back to 0.2 EC and then calmag till 0.4 EC.

It was hard to find a bigger tank with a proper nozzle that doesn't suddenly cost 100 extra lol
You're growing in coco, right? I have no idea about adding water back for coco. I'm in FFOF soil.

Back