Yellowing of seedlings in promix hp

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
blue dream
I do have another thread open about nutrient burn from vermifire soil being extremely hot. However in promix which has no added nutrient I now have yellowing and what looks like burning on some seedlings. They seem to be growing very slow in comparison to other of the same strain. I was told to check pH of the soil which I will as soon as I can get the accurate 8. Until then I just wanted to pick some people's brains and see what they think you may be causing this. One seems to be doing well for some reason.

Attachments

• IMG_20170809_232403.jpg
    IMG_20170809_232403.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_20170809_232341.jpg
    IMG_20170809_232341.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_20170809_232323.jpg
    IMG_20170809_232323.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_20170809_232302.jpg
    IMG_20170809_232302.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_20170809_232256.jpg
    IMG_20170809_232256.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_20170809_232236.jpg
    IMG_20170809_232236.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 256
I don't know what promix your referring too, never used it, but the bags I've looked up on line show feed for 9 mo-3 mo etc. I don't see any inert soil on their website. That's way to hot for seedlings, honestly I won't use anything time release. (Would like to try biotabs, but that's a little different) they do look nute burned, they may pull thru, or may stunt, or may not make it. Time release soils make it very hard to keep your nutes in the right range. You end up chasing issues instead of correcting them.

Last edited:
I've never feed them before they are just in plain promix. If you read the entire post I refer to a prior post then ask a separate question. QUOTEf wright, post: 1543053, member: 37561"]I do have another thread open about nutrient burn from vermifire soil being extremely hot. However in promix which has no added nutrient I now have yellowing and what looks like burning on some seedlings. They seem to be growing very slow in comparison to other of the same strain. I was told to check pH of the soil which I will as soon as I can get the accurate 8. Until then I just wanted to pick some people's brains and see what they think you may be causing this. One seems to be doing well for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Promix (looking @ their website) has no inert soil, all of it has time release fertz in it. Promix organic is a 3 month time release, premium is 9 months of fertz in it... premium seed starter has 3 months in it...I don't see one that has no fertilizers in it. Given that, and the overall look of your little ladies, nute burn would be the call if they were in my garden.

Correction, this one seems to not have added fertz, but all the rest do
pth_web_retail_promix_header_newproducts_640x720_hp_mycorrhizae.jpg

Jeff-- some others have had similar issues with their Promix too, including my man A-Train, long time user of it and multi BOM winner,.. so i know, when that happens it sure smacks of a bad batch,... By week 1 weak feeds should start though... pH might be an issue, but peat based soilless mediums like this are mildly acidic by nature and I believe Promix has some lime in it as well, so with such a simple blend, there;s little to go out of wack- :shrug:,... All I can say is that after ditching the bale and using a different one (likely different lot #), things were fine,... Something is scorching the leaves for sure...

I mean I'm definitely past a week on them. Is that my issue? That I haven't feed any veg nutes yet
Jeff-- some others have had similar issues with their Promix too, including my man A-Train, long time user of it and multi BOM winner,.. so i know, when that happens it sure smacks of a bad batch,... By week 1 weak feeds should start though... pH might be an issue, but peat based soilless mediums like this are mildly acidic by nature and I believe Promix has some lime in it as well, so with such a simple blend, there;s little to go out of wack- :shrug:,... All I can say is that after ditching the bale and using a different one (likely different lot #), things were fine,... Something is scorching the leaves for sure...

I mean I'm definitely past a week on them. Is that my issue? That I haven't feed any veg nutes yet
She doesn't need nutes, she has to much. Like @Waira said, Something is wrong with you bale of promix, i've used it for years, never had an issue. Knock on wood...

So just transplant? Or should I try to amend it

Back