Lighting Will my VIPARSPECTRA 600W LED GROW LIGHT be enough?

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
SFV OG KUSH
Hello everyone,
First off, yes I'm n00b af to growing, in fact I will be growing for the first time ever in a couple weeks but I want to make sure I do this right or as best I can. Anyways I will post an introduction thread in the appropriate section of the forums to list my setup and stuff but for now I have a light question.

I have a 2 x 3 x 5 grow tent and I will be growing 2 Auto Blueberry kush in it. I was initially planning on getting two 300W VIPARSPECTRA lights but I went for the 600W because, if the gods allow it, I'm planning on growing more than two plants after this "test grow", so I figured I would eventually end up needing 1000W+ so the 600W made sense to me.

Do you guys think 600W is too much? Should I add a 300W in there for flowering or would that be overkill ? Im after Yield, Please help me out. Thank you.

Before I changed to cob lights, I used my mass built led lights at 2 plants per led light max. I would rather have two lesser watt lights for better light spread, than one big watt led light.

First you need to know how much actual wattage the light is drawing at the plug, us a kil-a-watt or something similar to measure, or look it up. If this is a cheap LED you will need about 40w of actual draw / foot of space, if its a good led you need about 25w/ft as a starting point...

Ok, I looked it up, thats a cheap light but it should be good enough for the 6sq feet of space you have. If you look at the specs their 600 light is using less than 300 watts.

Last edited:
First you need to know how much actual wattage the light is drawing at the plug, us a kil-a-watt or something similar to measure, or look it up. If this is a cheap LED you will need about 40w of actual draw / foot of space, if its a good led you need about 25w/ft as a starting point...

Ok, I looked it up, thats a cheap light but it should be good enough for the 6sq feet of space you have. If you look at the specs their 600 light is using less than 300 watts.
Yeah it only draws about 276 watts so that should suffice given my square footage? Sorry for the late reply, I assumed no one would ever reply lol

I train my plants and I usually end up with 1 plant under each of my 600w mars led. Some are photos some are autos. It depends on the style you plan to grow. As far as learning to grow, 600w in that tent will be more than enough

I’m growing in a 80x80x180 tent with a viparspectra 600w and i think it’s doing a good job. Read a lot about these lights and was told they lack in the reds.
But for a cheap light it’s doing a good job.
Growing auto ultimate by Dutch Passion that turned out to be a photoperoid so that’s why she’s that big. 2 or 3 weeks untill harvest.

Attachments

• 89C73389-6AAE-4838-9A5F-A9AF5FE00A2C.jpeg
    89C73389-6AAE-4838-9A5F-A9AF5FE00A2C.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 1,389
Back