Live Stoners Will a 270 cfm fan and 600 cfm filter work well together?

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Train wreck / homegrown;)
i need to up grade my set up to grow some glueberry from DP . I’m looking at a Can fan & Can filter combo, they come together so it should work ? I thought I’ve read the cfm numbers should match ? But common sense tells me as long as the fan numbers aren’t higher then the filter shit should work out ?

270 cfm fan with 600 cfm filter is filter over-kill. You want the filter cfm to be larger than fan, but you can drop down a couple sizes and save some money. Examples such as the Can 66 filter which is 412 cfm and would work well with the 270 fan. The Can 33 has lower cfm than the fan and is a no no. Also, you want both the filter and fan to match in size openings like 6" or 8" etc. What size grow space are you using?

Last edited:
270 cfm fan with 600 cfm filter is filter over-kill. You want the filter cfm to be larger than fan, but you can drop down a couple sizes and save some money. Examples such as the Can 66 filter which is 412 cfm and would work well with the 270 fan. The Can 33 has lower cfm than the fan and is a no no. Also, you want both the filter and fan to match in size openings like 6" or 8" etc. What size grow space are you using?
It’s a
it’s a 4x5x8 ft closet & thanks for the reply:)

it’s a 4x5x8 ft closet & thanks for the reply:)
You would want at least the 6" fan/filter for that size grow room. If you have many hot days and are within budget, then you might want to consider the 8" fan/filter.

You would want at least the 6" fan/filter for that size grow room. If you have many hot days and are within budget, then you might want to consider the 8" fan/filter.
Ok & thanks for the info:)

Agree with everything said above. For that size room, and NO smell, while still moving enough air, a Can75, and appropriate fan would not be overkill, IMO.
There are not many other things in life that cause panic as well as coming home to a strong smell of fresh buds, because you "saved" $100 on a marginal fan/filter combo.
Another bonus of the bigger filter is, if you don't need to run the fan at full speed, it will be quieter than a smaller fan/filter running flat out all the time.
Regards, Kyle

Well I’m working with $ 240 & this combo deal is in range. Do you think I’d do better buying separate unrelated units?

Back