Why so long?

Reaction score
Hello I'm a first timer and have a 20 week old auto that started growing pistils but also kept and still is growing new sites and leaves. The seed is supposed to be 'OG Kush' from 'FastBuds' and is on 18/6 of a 100w ( I know ) , in a 50x50x100 hydro tent with decent airflow and thus far only fed Scottish water which is a ph of around 6.5. I read a few forums and the like and found a lot of people realising they have the wrong seed or a seed that isn't auto. I changed the light cycle to 12/12 24 hours ago and now she looks weak as apposed to the usual stong stature and praying leaves. Any idea what's going on here ? The attached pictures are from just after 12 dark and 12 light.

Attachments

• 20220517_113932.jpg
    20220517_113932.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 37
  • 20220517_113915.jpg
    20220517_113915.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 36
Hello I'm a first timer and have a 20 week old auto that started growing pistils but also kept and still is growing new sites and leaves. The seed is supposed to be 'OG Kush' from 'FastBuds' and is on 18/6 of a 100w ( I know ) , in a 50x50x100 hydro tent with decent airflow and thus far only fed Scottish water which is a ph of around 6.5. I read a few forums and the like and found a lot of people realising they have the wrong seed or a seed that isn't auto. I changed the light cycle to 12/12 24 hours ago and now she looks weak as apposed to the usual stong stature and praying leaves. Any idea what's going on here ? The attached pictures are from just after 12 dark and 12 light.
She wasn't an auto and will take a couple of weeks at 12/12 to start flowering ... but will get very big and take roughly 70-90 days to finish up now.
(edit: you may need more power to proerly flower this one!)
(double edit: I can seeeee youuuu (in the mirror) - your security may want that removed ... I'll do it ^_^ :d5:
(triple edit (because i'm stoned and don't read things properly) ... You'll need to feed that plant some flwering nutes to flower - try canna flores if you dont have any .. it's for soil and is easy to use)
Hope this helps
Blue ^_^
:d5:

She wasn't an auto and will take a couple of weeks at 12/12 to start flowering ... but will get very big and take roughly 70-90 days to finish up now.
(edit: you may need more power to proerly flower this one!)
(double edit: I can seeeee youuuu (in the mirror) - your security may want that removed ... I'll do it ^_^ :d5:

Hope this helps
Blue ^_^
Thanks for the speedy reply. I'll keep it on 12/12 and will no doubt have an update or another question in a couple of weeks Also thanks for taking care of the pic I was wearing my broken glasses too

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'll keep it on 12/12 and will no doubt have an update or another question in a couple of weeks Also thanks for taking care of the pic I was wearing my broken glasses too
No worries .. just a heads up that the plant could double or triple in size during flowering :pass: (50 x 50 x 100 is going to be tricky!)

No worries .. just a heads up that the plant could double or triple in size during flowering :pass: (50 x 50 x 100 is going to be tricky!)
With it not being an auto should it not be more enduring of stress ? And if so do you recommend trying LST to manipulate the main offenders with a bend to keep the height low?

With it not being an auto should it not be more enduring of stress ? And if so do you recommend trying LST to manipulate the main offenders with a bend to keep the height low?

Yeah, it'll be tougher! To be fair, autos are only really more sensetive in the early days .. during flowering, once it's iniciatied it's best not to stress them.

You could try LST and Supercropping! You'll probably need to do some defoliation as well as it's going to get jungley .. and with the jungle coes the mold (which can destroy your efforts)

Back