Why do you use less Calmag as the plant grows? Or is this feeding schedule incorrect?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'll be growing with coco/perlite using General Hydroponics trio + Calimagic.

I did a decent amount of reading and pretty confident in this feeding schedule, but I am curious about Calmag. I got my feeding schedule from Growweedeasy, and found a couple more online sources/growers that confirmed the same schedule to a pretty close degree. So, if this schedule is accurate, why do you reduce Calmag? And should it be reduced so early (week 3)? What's your opinion? Thanks for your time guys!

Bonus question: Is coco buffered different from different sources? I'm thinking of not buffering myself. I can't get my hands on a bag Canna Coco, but did find some buffered coco from Home Depot. It says it's buffered with calcium, but I don't see any mag mentioned. Would this stuff be junk compared to Canna Coco? Should I just buffer myself if this stuff isn't buffered with mag?

Never grew coco but pretty sure you can find the answer in one of the threads.

Hey guys, I'll be growing with coco/perlite using General Hydroponics trio + Calimagic.

I did a decent amount of reading and pretty confident in this feeding schedule, but I am curious about Calmag. I got my feeding schedule from Growweedeasy, and found a couple more online sources/growers that confirmed the same schedule to a pretty close degree. So, if this schedule is accurate, why do you reduce Calmag? And should it be reduced so early (week 3)? What's your opinion? Thanks for your time guys!

Bonus question: Is coco buffered different from different sources? I'm thinking of not buffering myself. I can't get my hands on a bag Canna Coco, but did find some buffered coco from Home Depot. It says it's buffered with calcium, but I don't see any mag mentioned. Would this stuff be junk compared to Canna Coco? Should I just buffer myself if this stuff isn't buffered with mag?
Hi bro with most people water especially tap water determines on how much cal and mag your plants will need I have very soft water so an ec of 0.2 so I use calmag right through and taper it off at the very end also @Trichome farmer or @Mañ'O'Green may be able to assist you preparing your coco also what nutes will you be using

Hi bro with most people water especially tap water determines on how much cal and mag your plants will need I have very soft water so an ec of 0.2 so I use calmag right through and taper it off at the very end also @Trichome farmer or @Mañ'O'Green may be able to assist you preparing your coco also what nutes will you be using
General Hydroponics trio (Micro, Flora, Bloom) and GH Calimagic. I'm going to filter all of my water through a Zerowater filter (puts PPM to like under 20), or I'll just use some of my RO drinking water. The schedule doesn't mention one way or the other how much ppm to assume from tap, so I don't know if that means I should add more nutrients or stick with the schedule. I think the benefit of filtering/RO water is that there is more room for nutrients but I don't want to go too hard and think I know better than the schedule.

Hello i grow in coco this is my take on this the reason you tapper of cal is it stops the up take off vital nutes for flowering i stop adding it when i get the little golf ball shape buds.
as for the bufferd coco bufferd with just cal is fine it does not need mag in it . Your nute line should have enough mag in it

Happy growing you know it makes sense

@Scroger :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:. You need a long winded answer and I don't have time at the moment. I will get back to you later today.

Tag myself so I don't forget @Mañ'O'Green

Back