Why do buds look like this!?!?

Reaction score
Super silver haze auto from MSNL.com
3 days in on week 12.
In FFOF soil 5 gal plastic pot
Never burned it. Always looked relatively healthy. Got thrips. Not horrible but enough to throw on neem oil and then insecticidal soap. Thrips gone.
Hasent had perfect life as this only my second run ever but MUCH better than first run. Feeding megacrop, bud Explosion, sweet Candy, great white and Montana grow silicon.
Why do the buds look so stringy and spaced out? My Gelato looks nothing like that at all they are all fat and normal looking. Herm enters my mind but I'm far from being able to correctly diagnose anything. Help a guy out n slap me with some knowledge.
20220828_154629.jpg
20220828_154712.jpg
20220828_154852.jpg
20220828_154800.jpg
20220828_160137.jpg
20220828_160132.jpg

Could of been just genetic issues I once grew a royal queen seeds strain forgotnwhich one but she was frosty but nothing really on her bud wise. Just a nasty hidden Gene some might express rarely

Last edited:
3 days in on week 12.
Never burned it. Always looked relatively healthy. Got thrips. Not horrible but enough to throw on neem oil and then insecticidal soap. Thrips gone.
Hasent had perfect life as this only my second run ever but MUCH better than first run. Feeding megacrop, bud Explosion, sweet Candy, great white and Montana grow silicon.
Why do the buds look so stringy and spaced out? My Gelato looks nothing like that at all they are all fat and normal looking. Herm enters my mind but I'm far from being able to correctly diagnose anything. Help a guy out n slap me with some knowledge. View attachment 1507251View attachment 1507252View attachment 1507253View attachment 1507254View attachment 1507255View attachment 1507256
It's not really bad thing as long as it produces some trichomes. 12 White widow autos from seedsman. Some were freebies but all foxtailed. I end up crushing them all up after curing and drying, moistened them a little bit and put them on some low grade Bud that I had. kind of like putting breading on a chicken before you fri it. Turned out pretty good solid rock hard buds and tasty. :shrug: :pass:

It's not really bad thing as long as it produces some trichomes. 12 White widow autos from seedsman. Some were freebies but all foxtailed. I end up crushing them all up after curing and drying, moistened them a little bit and put them on some low grade Bud that I had. kind of like putting breading on a chicken before you fri it. Turned out pretty good solid rock hard buds and tasty. :shrug: :pass:
The super silver haze was the freebie bean of the bunch too haha!! Cool. I knew of foxtailing but never seen it in its early form.. learned somthing today. Good lookin friend!!

3 days in on week 12.
Why do the buds look so stringy and spaced out? My Gelato looks nothing like that at all they are all fat and normal looking. Herm enters my mind but I'm far from being able to correctly diagnose anything. Help a guy out n slap me with some knowledge. View attachment 1507251View attachment 1507252View attachment 1507253View attachment 1507254View attachment 1507255View attachment 1507256

It just the gentics, nothing you have done to cuase this.
The more you grow you soon realise that not every seed turn out the same. Often you get cultivars that are so wildly different that they could be different strains.
This looks a lot like what traditional land race weed looks like before we hybridise the shit out of it. Its a throw back to some of its passed gentics.
In these situations I like to delve deep into the lineage of the strain to see if I can't work out which branch of the family tree she have may come from.

It just the gentics, nothing you have done to cuase this.
The more you grow you soon realise that not every seed turn out the same. Often you get cultivars that are so wildly different that they could be different strains.
This looks a lot like what traditional land race weed looks like before we hybridise the shit out of it. Its a throw back to some of its passed gentics.
In these situations I like to delve deep into the lineage of the strain to see if I can't work out which branch of the family tree she have may come from.
Were would I even begin if I wanted to look into lineage? Nice to know that it possibly wasn't me that made it happen tho.

Beginner and no experience with growing Hazes, but I’d say (and agree with those above) that it’s genetic foxtailing…apparently common in strong sativa leaning plants (notably Hazes). They grow kinda spindly with longer internode space, and with a long flowering time pack on weight later. Based on what i’ve read this is why tropical landrace sativas were crossed with Afghani indicas to “tame” them.

Were would I even begin if I wanted to look into lineage?

Look at the source website of your seeds - MSNL, they list the cross as Super Silver Haze x Ruderalis (maybe Lowryder, but could be anything as their “breeder auto”). If you then look at their SSH photoperiod which is likely what they used for the auto conversion, it’s Skunk x NL x Haze.

Beginner and no experience with growing Hazes, but I’d say (and agree with those above) that it’s genetic foxtailing…apparently common in strong sativa leaning plants (notably Hazes). They grow kinda spindly with longer internode space, and with a long flowering time pack on weight later. Based on what i’ve read this is why tropical landrace sativas were crossed with Afghani indicas to “tame” them.

Look at the source website of your seeds - MSNL, they list the cross as Super Silver Haze x Ruderalis (maybe Lowryder, but could be anything as their “breeder auto”). If you then look at their SSH photoperiod which is likely what they used for the auto conversion, it’s Skunk x NL x Haze.
Great info.. thank you

Back