New Grower white tips leaves - browning

smokeyfromau

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Outdoor growth - not sure now is heat , but it could be still, white tips, then a bit of bronze /brown on the tips. Rest of plants appears healthy. Its on all of the 5 i have ( Northern Lights autofem Blue, and Sour Daddy auto/reg)

I read around similar threads either potting mix or heat? or something else. I water once a day - mornings only, leaves have never been wet, i try to avoid it

The mix is :
https://www.searlesgardening.com.au/searles-premium-advanced-potting-mix
50% more fertiliser* – Contains 12 months fertiliser which delivers essential plant nutrients for sustained healthy plant growth

50% more wetting agent* – Delivers better absorption, retention and distribution of moisture throughout the mix so the entire root system benefits from watering and feeding for up to 12 months

Rapid plant response with Searles Flourish® soluble plant food

Excellent water and nutrient retention and release from water crystals

Boosted with Potash – For better blooms, fruit and disease resistance

Advanced formulation potting media – For outstanding indoor and outdoor results

Performance maximising ingredients – Zeolite, Rock Minerals, Activated Carbon and Biostimulants

PH range 5.3 - 6.5

edit -
i planted seedling directly in potting mix with a small around 6inch wide scoop of seed rasing mix added ( as in picture)

growpot.jpg

tipsleaves.jpg
white tip burn or not.jpg

tipsleaves.jpg

leaves healthy.jpg

Plants are looking good mate. I wouldn't be too concerned about that little bit of damage. Just a little wear and tear I think bud. Do you have any additional nutrients other than what was in the potting mix? The mix itself won't have enough goodies in it to support a plant in heavy bloom in my opinion.
Outdoor growth - not sure now is heat , but it could be still, white tips, then a bit of bronze /brown on the tips. Rest of plants appears healthy. Its on all of the 5 i have ( Northern Lights autofem Blue, and Sour Daddy auto/reg)

I read around similar threads either potting mix or heat? or something else. I water once a day - mornings only, leaves have never been wet, i try to avoid it

The mix is :
https://www.searlesgardening.com.au/searles-premium-advanced-potting-mix
50% more fertiliser* – Contains 12 months fertiliser which delivers essential plant nutrients for sustained healthy plant growth

50% more wetting agent* – Delivers better absorption, retention and distribution of moisture throughout the mix so the entire root system benefits from watering and feeding for up to 12 months

Rapid plant response with Searles Flourish® soluble plant food

Excellent water and nutrient retention and release from water crystals

Boosted with Potash – For better blooms, fruit and disease resistance

Advanced formulation potting media – For outstanding indoor and outdoor results

Performance maximising ingredients – Zeolite, Rock Minerals, Activated Carbon and Biostimulants

PH range 5.3 - 6.5

edit -
i planted seedling directly in potting mix with a small around 6inch wide scoop of seed rasing mix added ( as in picture)

View attachment 1004893
View attachment 1004890 View attachment 1004891
View attachment 1004890

View attachment 1004892

If you can afford to I would invest in some canna specific nutes. Biobizz is a good one and can be found on Ebay for relatively cheap.
Its fine , lets see N 9.5%, P 1.6% and K 7.5%, its all bunnings i get the supplies

Last edited:
If you can afford to I would invest in some canna specific nutes. Biobizz is a good one and can be found on Ebay for relatively cheap.
thanks, i have not used the powerfeed yet, not sure of the nutes in the potting mix. I will look for Biobizz. Be good to know the NPK of the potting mix, they dont seem to list it i think

Last edited:
So interested in how the power feed goes that I had to sub. Like bandit said I wouldn't worry about that leaf, I would hardly call that damage. In my thread I currently have a sour Livers (crack pheno) that seems as if the leaves themselves have been smoking crack :biggrin: but the bud looks lovely. Keep up the good work mate :pop:

Thanks Archie, yes a bit of a worry, so will take much care with any other nutes that I add, this morning just the same, so good :pass:

so far so good :thumbsup: the contains 12 months ferts scarred me a bit :yoinks: but they looking good :smokeit:
:pighug:

So interested in how the power feed goes that I had to sub. Like bandit said I wouldn't worry about that leaf, I would hardly call that damage. In my thread I currently have a sour Livers (crack pheno) that seems as if the leaves themselves have been smoking crack :biggrin: but the bud looks lovely. Keep up the good work mate :pop:

Thanks mate YMNF, yes will try Power Feed, since i bought it now, for this grow and then try what Bandit recommended in the next grow (should get another in before winter). I will start with a small amount at first. I was freaking about the leaves, so thats good to know its all good.:pass:

Back