White powdery mildew I think

Reaction score
I set up to start harvesting this plant it was outdoor there was a little dust on the fan leaves outside I hadn’t really noticed. Now that I have it under the light to trim it down it looks suspiciously like white powdery mildew. There is a bit on fan leaves I am in the middle of cutting it apart so not treating it. My question is are the buds still good, picture of leaf and bud.
6535214A-E4FE-4B39-B419-A038587BC204.jpeg
A073C8B0-7961-40CE-9289-DB04E2318990.jpeg

The buds should be OK. If you get powdery mildew on any future plants you can use the folowwing:
Baking Soda. Baking soda itself isn’t normally effective as a powdery mildew treatment, but when it’s combined with liquid soap and water, it can be a powerful weapon. It’s normally most beneficial if used as a preventative measure rather than a treatment. Combine one tablespoon baking soda and one-half teaspoon of liquid, non-detergent soap with one gallon of water, and spray the mixture liberally on the plants.

Mouthwash. The mouthwash you may use on a daily basis for killing the germs in your mouth can also be effective at killing powdery mildew spores. Since its function is to kill germs, the powdery mildew spores can’t withstand it. Using three parts water to one part mouthwash has been found to be a good ratio, but new growth can be damaged since mouthwash is potent, so use with caution.

Milk. Milk is making its way onto the scene as a viable means to control powdery mildew. Not all the science is known, but the compounds in milk may be able to act as an antiseptic and fungicide as well as potentially increase the plant’s overall immunity. It tends to be effective as a method of preventing powdery mildew on zucchini and other types of squash, as well as cucumbers. An effective mixture ratio is about one part milk to two or three parts water.

To me it looks like you are harvesting early.

The buds should be OK. If you get powdery mildew on any future plants you can use the folowwing:
Baking Soda. Baking soda itself isn’t normally effective as a powdery mildew treatment, but when it’s combined with liquid soap and water, it can be a powerful weapon. It’s normally most beneficial if used as a preventative measure rather than a treatment. Combine one tablespoon baking soda and one-half teaspoon of liquid, non-detergent soap with one gallon of water, and spray the mixture liberally on the plants.

Mouthwash. The mouthwash you may use on a daily basis for killing the germs in your mouth can also be effective at killing powdery mildew spores. Since its function is to kill germs, the powdery mildew spores can’t withstand it. Using three parts water to one part mouthwash has been found to be a good ratio, but new growth can be damaged since mouthwash is potent, so use with caution.

Milk. Milk is making its way onto the scene as a viable means to control powdery mildew. Not all the science is known, but the compounds in milk may be able to act as an antiseptic and fungicide as well as potentially increase the plant’s overall immunity. It tends to be effective as a method of preventing powdery mildew on zucchini and other types of squash, as well as cucumbers. An effective mixture ratio is about one part milk to two or three parts water.

To me it looks like you are harvesting early.

It likely is early not by time line I cracked this seed end of may but it was slow to flower. I was starting to see some rot from humidity I cut it off and decided to harvest. Through the loop the tricomes looked cloudy. Still had some white hairs. I decided to take it down before the rot got it. In your opinion was it still really far off? It is chopped now but for future reference? Lessons have been learned last summer I battled the rot so this year I got a green house tent to keep rain and dew away and am still battling the rot I think my tent needs more airflow or I need to take them out everyday when it isnot raining? I am new and learning thank you so much for your help.

(squeezez in... :biggrin: ) by far, the first & best preventative for br is -> air flow :greencheck: jus sayin & carry on plz....(squeezez back out...:smoking:) ppp

It likely is early not by time line I cracked this seed end of may but it was slow to flower. I was starting to see some rot from humidity I cut it off and decided to harvest. Through the loop the tricomes looked cloudy. Still had some white hairs. I decided to take it down before the rot got it. In your opinion was it still really far off? It is chopped now but for future reference? Lessons have been learned last summer I battled the rot so this year I got a green house tent to keep rain and dew away and am still battling the rot I think my tent needs more airflow or I need to take them out everyday when it isnot raining? I am new and learning thank you so much for your help.
Fans are your friends, Air flow is the best prevention method.
You'll get high smoking it, enjoy it. We all learned the hard way.
I live in Georgia where humidity is a way of life. Right now at 8:47 PM EDT the relative humidity is 90%. Whenever your plant is growing always have a fan blowing on it. Since you have a tent you could have a fan blowing the air around inside the tent. It will really help.

Milk spray 10 days in a row. More air flow if you can.

Did you have a time earlier in the grow when new leaves were emerging twisted into a spiral ? I did in mine, and looked real close but could find nothing. Later on, I've had some PM and rot problems, and in many of the places I find those I also find some spiraling in new leaves but not as pronounced as when it was doing it in veg.

ive had pm in the past and unless you get your environment in order, no sprays short of toxic poisonous chemicals will get rid of it.. its already on bud leaves.. gonna be tough.
gl

Did you have a time earlier in the grow when new leaves were emerging twisted into a spiral ? I did in mine, and looked real close but could find nothing. Later on, I've had some PM and rot problems, and in many of the places I find those I also find some spiraling in new leaves but not as pronounced as when it was doing it in veg.

I can’t swear it was this plant but one of my plants did have some curling leaves. It would make sense that it was this one though

Back