Reaction score
Hi fellow Afn members :)

I need an advice from experienced LED growers on the choice of new LED lamp for my application which is:

2x2x4 (perhaps I could raise it a little but I would prefer to stay in that tent)

I'm thinking of fitting two autos in there - is it a good idea regarding my yield expectations?

Looking to get at least 130g from it and preferably 200g - are these expectations too big?

My budget is between $300-600~, preferably $300~ :p

I've grown fotoperiods using 600/1000W hps and I want to get that dense buds, which I know is an issue with many leds on the market.

I will grow in soil, fully organic .

I know that my height presents a problem so I have to choose a light which can be held at 10-12 from the canopy... am I right? ;]

The leds I'm currently considering are: Area51 new RW110, Pacific Light Concepts Cx300, BonsaiHero (march 16' updated) hanspanel 180W, Starlite, TastyLED T2-2100, Plant Photonics, Gn Hs01, trinity hemp co, Spectra cob4 or Rebel, Onyx, Valoya, Amare ? Maybe you could recommend something better? Or maybe I should buy a chinese cheapo like king led etc?

I'm counting on your knowledge and experience :p

I got a 2x2x5 and just got the blackdog phytomax 200w. It was expensive so hopefully it's worth the extra $$$ we will see... they told me it would rock in a 2x2 even for flowering..

I have never used anything but a cheaper Mars hydro in my 2x2x5 and have had some great grows .. I have heard good things about the black dog lights.. I would just build your own as that is what I am doing it is easy to do and you can design it for your grow space..

You will be hard pressed to get 2 autos of any real size in a space 2 feetx2 feet. My single Mephisto Sour Crack with a dry weight of 190grams was busting at the seams in my 2x3 grow cabinet.

If your interested in what we have to offer. Our p300 or p150 would cover a 2x2 tent nicely:
https://platinumgrowlights.com/products

We have a 5 year warranty and 90 guarantee and the admins at AFN are doing some test grows as we speak. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Tom

Back