New Grower Which auto strains are high in THCV?

Reaction score
I looked up in Google and all I could find is Jack The Ripper, Willie Nelson and Doug Varin. Anyone able to point me in the right direction where I can buy some seeds?

You are going to need to look for equatorial sativas. Those are the ones that produce that compound. It is to protect them from the extreme UV rays down there. So you are going to have to make sure you have UV rays during the bloom period. I think Durban Poison and Thai is know for THCV production. Moby Dick and Amnesia both are high THCV strains.

Last edited:
We do not have an ozone layer during summer anymore, so very high levels of UVB during summer. If I grow outside a THCV strain will develop well. Is it true that the high paranoia strains contain THCV?

I assume Malawi would be high in THCV? Can anyone confirm this?

Moby Dick is the best for THCV. Malawi is a candidate for sure. It just has one of the slowest flowering periods around, 120 days or more. THCV rich strains give you trippy, fast paced highs. Durban is the African strain to go for. The LSD strain is probable another candidate. African Buzz is a Malawi based strain also.

Last edited:
Back