When to start feeding?

Reaction score
Hi I'm a new grower here, just started my first grow and I'm at 7 and 8 days old seedlings. I've gone with mephistos double grape and I'm using promix hp as my medium, I have the gh flora series plus calimag.. my question is when do I start feeding these babies? So far thebe been given nothing but ph'd water. Here they are at 7 and 8 days old

Attachments

• 20221108_055534.jpg
    20221108_055534.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • 20221108_055541.jpg
    20221108_055541.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • 20221108_055550.jpg
    20221108_055550.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 28
  • 20221108_055557.jpg
    20221108_055557.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
Hi I'm a new grower here, just started my first grow and I'm at 7 and 8 days old seedlings. I've gone with mephistos double grape and I'm using promix hp as my medium, I have the gh flora series plus calimag.. my question is when do I start feeding these babies? So far thebe been given nothing but ph'd water. Here they are at 7 and 8 days old
Never grew with pro mix before . Is it coco based ?

I looked it up it's mainly pest moss which is similar to coco. So you have to feed daily. Well they are still in the seedling stage so you don't wanna flood your soil. But saturate it through with a light feeding. Maybe daily right now as your plants get bigger and root structure take place you will find yourself feeding around 3 times a day depending on your pot size. Don't allow your promix to get too dry either, especially since it's mostly peat moss.

I use the GH series also and I’m in coco. Ive found success so far by initially saturating with distilled water the day before I drop the bean, on the third full day of sprout I feed 1ml of micro bloom and gro one time to runoff avoiding the center of the pot, and on the fifth day I’m at 1.5 ml doing the same. On day 8 I start full feed on week 2 of their medium feed schedule. Then I follow the schedule to harvest. I feed once a day every day until about 20% runoff. I’m new also and I created that schedule based on reading many people here advising to stay light on nutes the first week or so but the three times I’ve done this my plants responded very kindly to it. I’ve often heard GH is middle of the road but I like the exact feed schedule to follow and it works just fine for my needs. Here’s my first grow and current grow using them. Good luck growmie and welcome to AFN. Peace
7DE3F0CC-05FD-4FD9-9B10-31F7BBC49E35.jpeg
6BCFFA19-B0CE-4DF0-84E4-4DEE06AE1156.jpeg

I've been looking into HP Pro-Mix and I had the same question. On their website they state:

Does PRO-MIX HP have nutrients?
Yes, PRO-MIX contains a starter fertilizer to help plants acclimate to a new rooting environment. We strongly recommended to initiate a fertilizer program within 7-10 days after planting.

I use the GH series also and I’m in coco. Ive found success so far by initially saturating with distilled water the day before I drop the bean, on the third full day of sprout I feed 1ml of micro bloom and gro one time to runoff avoiding the center of the pot, and on the fifth day I’m at 1.5 ml doing the same. On day 8 I start full feed on week 2 of their medium feed schedule. Then I follow the schedule to harvest. I feed once a day every day until about 20% runoff. I’m new also and I created that schedule based on reading many people here advising to stay light on nutes the first week or so but the three times I’ve done this my plants responded very kindly to it. I’ve often heard GH is middle of the road but I like the exact feed schedule to follow and it works just fine for my needs. Here’s my first grow and current grow using them. Good luck growmie and welcome to AFN. Peace
View attachment 1538364View attachment 1538365
What genetics are you running bro ?

I've been looking into HP Pro-Mix and I had the same question. On their website they state:

Does PRO-MIX HP have nutrients?
Yes, PRO-MIX contains a starter fertilizer to help plants acclimate to a new rooting environment. We strongly recommended to initiate a fertilizer program within 7-10 days after planting.

I grow in Pro-Mix HP, also with GH nutrients. I start feeding after 7-10 days from sprout as recommended by Pro-Mix themselves.

What genetics are you running bro ?
My first grow has 4 Mephisto and 2 Night Owl, current grow 3 Mephisto. Those are the only 2 in my fridge because they were highly recommended and they’ll be all I grow for a while because I have about 70 Mephisto and 30 Night Owl seeds haha. What can I say I like to shop! I highly recommend you check out the site for Mephisto Genetics.

My coco blend is 100% inert so that’s why I started a 1/2 dose on day 3 by the way, I should’ve made that clear.

Back