What else do I need, any tips, advice would be most welcome!

Reaction score
I have slowly accumulated the following for my indoor grow project, does anyone else think I've missed something?

1 - Gorilla 5x5 Shorty Tent
2 - Medic Grow EZ-8 1000W LED light
2 - Controller for EZ-8 1000W LED light
3 - Autopots system/kit with 15 litre pots x6 (and an extra 8 Litre pots x6)
4 - Autopots Air Domes x 6
5 - Air pump for Air Domes
6 - 1 × CLOUDLINE T8, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System with Temperature and Humidity Controller, 8-Inch (Exhaust)
7 - 1 × CLOUDLINE S6, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System with Speed Controller, 6-Inch (Intake)
8 - 1 × AC INFINITY, Flexible Four-Layer Ducting, 8-Ft Long, 8-Inch
9 - AC INFINITY, Duct Carbon Filter, Australian Charcoal, 8-Inch
10 - Trellis for Gorilla 5x5 Shorty
11 - Vivosun 8inch Prefilter
12 - Solid & Flexible duct pipe
12 - Bluelab Blu8000 Growers toolbox pen, conductivity tester and probe care kit.
13 - Seeds - Toof Decay
14 - Plagron seed box

Other items needed -

1 - Oscilating fans - help needed with this
2 - Co2 bags
3 - Substrate (peat or coco)? Help needed with this
4 - Do I need a Humidifier or Dehumidifier?

Any other tips/advice/wise words etc, would be most welcome

Grow Room Clip

Attachments

• room photo.JPG
    room photo.JPG
    297.5 KB · Views: 29
  • baseement.jpeg
    baseement.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 29
  • room entrance .JPG
    room entrance .JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Hi @Raskalius and :welcome: to AFN!

Your list looks good but I would focus on your methodology first. Are you going to try a water -only grow with your autopots or will you feed? Salts or organic? And how (topdress, feed in the water, etc)? Once you nail down how you want to grow, it will narrow your list.

Also, (although I'm not an autopot expert) I believe the consensus is the air domes are a waste of $$.

IMHO, YMMV, etc.

Hi @Raskalius and :welcome: to AFN!

Your list looks good but I would focus on your methodology first. Are you going to try a water -only grow with your autopots or will you feed? Salts or organic? And how (topdress, feed in the water, etc)? Once you nail down how you want to grow, it will narrow your list.

Also, (although I'm not an autopot expert) I believe the consensus is the air domes are a waste of $$.

IMHO, YMMV, etc.
Regarding the air domes, I heard the whole system with their pipes/tubing was crap, but the domes alone with a round airstone running underneath the dome is a much better option, that's what I'll be doing
I want to used water through the 45 litre autopot irrigation system with mineral nutes

Regarding the air domes, I heard the whole system with their pipes/tubing was crap, but the domes alone with a round airstone running underneath the dome is a much better option, that's what I'll be doing
I want to used water through the 45 litre autopot irrigation system with mineral nutes

Dont forget to hand water for the first 20 days or so (when the leaves reach the edge of the pot) - before waering from the rez. The tap root needs to sink down first, or the little un won't get any water at all.

:thumbsup:

Other items needed -
1 - Oscilating fans - help needed with this
2 - Ph Meter - Help needed with this
3 - Co2 bags
4 - Substrate (peat or coco)? Help needed with this
5 - Any other suggestions would be most welcome!

1. Most oscillating fans will do - they're only needed to air movement to rustle the leaves around.
2. Don't get a cheap chinese one, or one that needs to be calibrated by turning a screw - they're bad. Essentials make a decent budget one, and Bluelabs make an industry standard (more expensive) one.
3. I'd save your money. Unless running a sealed environemnt with heat over 80f with the extraction going off when CO2 is being released .. it's mainly getting sucked out the tent from your extraction (IMHO)
4. I'd go for a light mix soil .. make it easy on yourself. Plagron light, Biobizz light
5. Don't stress .. keep it simple... keep the nutes light... don't fiddle with it too much ^_^

Hope this helps

Blue ^_^
:d5:

With all that equipment and advice, you'll be flying a jet in no time.
Blue's simple advice should be a sticky.

1. Most oscillating fans will do - they're only needed to air movement to rustle the leaves around.
2. Don't get a cheap chinese one, or one that needs to be calibrated by turning a screw - they're bad. Essentials make a decent budget one, and Bluelabs make an industry standard (more expensive) one.
3. I'd save your money. Unless running a sealed environemnt with heat over 80f with the extraction going off when CO2 is being released .. it's mainly getting sucked out the tent from your extraction (IMHO)
4. I'd go for a light mix soil .. make it easy on yourself. Plagron light, Biobizz light
5. Don't stress .. keep it simple... keep the nutes light... don't fiddle with it too much ^_^

Hope this helps

Blue ^_^
:d5:
Thanks for the tips and advice, really appreciated!

Back