Lighting Upgrade driver

Reaction score
Hi lads, i built my diy strip build 2 years ago and has been running great, grown some good bud with it but ive always felt i needed more light down through the canopy.

My current setup is:
6 BXEB-L0280Z-35E1000-C-A3 (700ma max 22.7w) wired in series powered by a Thomas Research Products LED50W-142-C0350-D

Im thinkng of changing to this driver, Thomas Research Products PLED96W-137-C0700-D-HV

So going from 350ma 47w to 700ma (dimmed to 500ma 68w).

Will there be many gains in doing so or would anyone recommend different strips and driver? Also anyone a link for a potentiometer for dimming the 700ma driver.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi lads, i built my diy strip build 2 years ago and has been running great, grown some good bud with it but ive always felt i needed more light down through the canopy.

My current setup is:
6 BXEB-L0280Z-35E1000-C-A3 (700ma max 22.7w) wired in series powered by a Thomas Research Products LED50W-142-C0350-D

Im thinkng of changing to this driver, Thomas Research Products PLED96W-137-C0700-D-HV

So going from 350ma 47w to 500ma 68w.

Will there be many gains in doing so or would anyone recommend different strips and driver? Also anyone a link for a potentiometer for dimming the 700ma driver.

Thanks in advance.
I have 14 of those wired to a hlg185a-700ma and mounted on 1in aluminium square stock I liked it so much I got the 22in 1s also and they are powered buy 2 hlg drivers putting out 450w @ 1400ma and I have run this for over a yr and love it aswell I would look into a 700ma driver as it will give better penetration into the canopy

I have 14 of those wired to a hlg185a-700ma and mounted on 1in aluminium square stock I liked it so much I got the 22in 1s also and they are powered buy 2 hlg drivers putting out 450w @ 1400ma and I have run this for over a yr and love it aswell I would look into a 700ma driver as it will give better penetration into the canopy

The thomas research products driver i listed is a 700ma driver but i read that the strips should be dimmed down to 500ma to run the strips at 75% for efficiency, or are the strips fine running at max ma?

The thomas research products driver i listed is a 700ma driver but i read that the strips should be dimmed down to 500ma to run the strips at 75% for efficiency, or are the strips fine running at max ma?
I've had no issues I dim them but not much and I run 18/6 but I love them I'm hoping to be able to push them for real soon as I find a new spot I just want to find out I have a few extras just in case I had problems ect I run year round and in summer when it was built and same for this summer temps of 90+ degrees were common so who knows how warm they were but if you can put a clip fan blowing over it and they will be that much better off but both setups have ran 1year and a few months now

I've had no issues I dim them but not much and I run 18/6 but I love them I'm hoping to be able to push them for real soon as I find a new spot I just want to find out I have a few extras just in case I had problems ect I run year round and in summer when it was built and same for this summer temps of 90+ degrees were common so who knows how warm they were but if you can put a clip fan blowing over it and they will be that much better off but both setups have ran 1year and a few months now
Grand job, i run all year too. Ive never had an issue with heat out of these lights, but i am only running them at 350ma 47w. I have spares but haven't had to change any yet. Think ill get the 700ma driver, cant do any harm.

You wouldn't know anything about sizing a potentiometer for a driver or what potentiometer would work with the Thomas Research Products PLED96W-137-C0700-D-HV?

Grand job, i run all year too. Ive never had an issue with heat out of these lights, but i am only running them at 350ma 47w. I have spares but haven't had to change any yet. Think ill get the 700ma driver, cant do any harm.

You wouldn't know anything about sizing a potentiometer for a driver or what potentiometer would work with the Thomas Research Products PLED96W-137-C0700-D-HV?
Is it in ohms or volts rapid led I belive has both I'm running a 1v to 10v and tbh I like the internal dimmer it only will cut power to 50% but ive had multiple builds 4 cob build a quantum board setup before these and I've gone through 2 on my 3rd so I don't like the external version although that's the only 2 I've dealt with.

Is it in ohms or volts rapid led I belive has both I'm running a 1v to 10v and tbh I like the internal dimmer it only will cut power to 50% but ive had multiple builds 4 cob build a quantum board setup before these and I've gone through 2 on my 3rd so I don't like the external version although that's the only 2 I've dealt with.
Is what in ohms or volts?

Also the driver i listed is the wrong 1, it is for 3 phrase not single.
This is the 1 i need (i think) LEG100W-143-C0700

Is what in ohms or volts?

Also the driver i listed is the wrong 1, it is for 3 phrase not single.
This is the 1 i need (i think) LEG100W-143-C0700
The out put of the dimming wires just like the wattage/ volt they say for example 36v to 54v or 45w to 100w it's a widow of operations for the unit most dimmers are 1to10v the others are 100ohm or pwm(pulse width modular)if I were to buy a new 1 I would go with a full controler like bluefish or coralux controller it's a 1to10v dimmer I will look up the driver ur speaking of to let you know wat I find

The out put of the dimming wires just like the wattage/ volt they say for example 36v to 54v or 45w to 100w it's a widow of operations for the unit most dimmers are 1to10v the others are 100ohm or pwm(pulse width modular)if I were to buy a new 1 I would go with a full controler like bluefish or coralux controller it's a 1to10v dimmer I will look up the driver ur speaking of to let you know wat I find
Ah right, i get what your saying but haven't a clue ha, cheers bud theres just so many different drivers it can get confusing

So I would get 1 of these or similar a hlg120-700ma and I would get the A model bc of the internal dimmer it's more expensive but quality is great @ 94% efficiency ect I run all meanwell hlg drivers except for my meanwell idlc 25-700ma for my reds and uv lights as they need minimal wattage to be effective.

Back