Outdoor UPDATE!! 1st time Royal Bluematic outdoors

J

januaryflower

Hey guys,

Hope some of you can help me out a little here. So, from what I'm reading EVERYTHING that I wasn't suppose to do I've done. No point in telling me it's all wrong I get it. Just want to know what I can do at this point to get salvage my little girls.

I've planted 4 bluematic seeds in MG (14.14.14) mixed with regular potting soil from the grocery store. They're in the same long deep container and they seem to be growing, but I'm noticing that two of them aren't as developped as the other two. Also, my PH is way off at 7.5 although I've added vinegar to the water a few waterings. My question is should I get some PH down, or start adding FF grow. They're in week 2 as of today.

They get lots of afternoon sun on a SW balcony and I water when I notice the soil getting dry. (Read somewhere that best success with MG was to let the container dry out before watering again.)

Help! IMG-20120607-00093.jpgIMG-20120607-00094.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
MG compost is poor then blending 2 brands together is a no no and then planting seedling direct into a hot compost is another mistake.

Is that the PH of the runoff and they are far to young to add fert at this point

I wouldn't add vinegar when there that young.The potting soil could be a problem with mg and soil from a gocery store.I would let them go another two weeks and transplant them into some good soil like sunshine mix,promix, or ffhf.

@agito that's the PH of the soil currently, not the run off. Suggestions till they take off again?
@namvet25 I was going to do that once they starting showing a little more vigor, any suggestions for the next two weeks?

Check Runoff before adjusting

I checked the runoff today and it's still high at 7. Here's pics of them at 2 1/2 weeks. I'm going to take Namvet25's advice and repot them in some ff soil in another week and a half. Any suggestions to help bring the ph down or should I just leave them until transplanting them. I'm not sure if they're growing enough or if they're on the small side. They seem to be growing daily...any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG-20120612-00101.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG-20120612-00102.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 44
Welcome to the site! Glad to have you, and sorry to hear of your problems.

Don't feed any nutrients until your ph is 6.5 or real close to. It won't do any good unless your ph is spot on. You can use vinegar to lower your feed water to about 6.4 and water with that until you get a lower runoff around 6.5 from the 7 that you have been having. Then when that gets straightened out, then you can start feeding at 1/4 strength. Look for Promix, Fox Farms is said to be going down hill so I just don't recommend it. What are you using to test your ph?

@TheSquid, thanks for the welcome and yup been a ride so far! lol I'm using one for those manual with two prong meters. Checks the moisture and ph. I know it works cause I've checked some of my flowers and the reading is different (they're grown in different soil too). Good to know about the ff. The supply store where I get my stuff has pro mix so I'll get that.

A little confused because someone earlier said not to add anymore vinegar to bring the ph down until I just transplant them in better soil. I'm thinking of scraping the whole 4 week thing and doing is this week (3rd week) thoughts?

Update!

Hey guys, well today is week 5. I've started adding dyna-grow to the plants a little over three days ago. Also, I've gotten them individual 1.5 containers. One of the plants seems to be doing better than the rest, and it also looks like a have a mutant/runt. They all showed sex at week 4 and a day. Can anyone give me some feedback on the current state and if I should be doing something different and if they're okay. I find them a little smallish. The run off and soil meter keeps saying 7.5 even after I've added ph down so I think the meter is off.

IMG-20120628-00114.jpgIMG-20120628-00115.jpgIMG-20120628-00118.jpg

Back