Grow Room Too much fan?

Reaction score
24 x 54 x 96 closet with 291 cfm fan in ceiling in a newly remodeled grow room due to replacing my HPS hooded light to an LED system. With my old system I had some cardboard above the light to help hold in the humidity so it wouldn't suck straight up to the filter but with this LED light you can't put anything above the light so my humidity sucks straight up to the point where I can have them on full blast and it doesn't really make much difference from the humidity outside of the closet. if I shut the exhaust fan off for 10 minutes at a time the humidity does get up where it needs to be.Do you think I could get a timer to shut the fan off every 15 minutes or so?will that still supply enough air to grow healthy plants? I only need this extra humidity during the first two weeks I could close the intake vent size to slow down the air flow too IDK

You could use a cheap smart plug to cycle the fan on and off. With the smart plugs you can set really intricate schedules in their apps. I've done it to great effect.

Wow never thought of that
My dumbass just bought a mechanical timer that goes down to 15 minutes but I will be getting me a smart outlet and try that also thanks!

Wow never thought of that
My dumbass just bought a mechanical timer that goes down to 15 minutes but I will be getting me a smart outlet and try that also thanks!
Yeah they're pretty cheap and very effective. Some people may recommend a power strip that is pricier, but I find the cheap smart plugs are just as effective. I run everything off of them now. I usually go for the dual plug ones that can have independent timers for each socket.

Back