Tips of leaves clawing down problem

Reaction score
Hello all!
I need some help w/ my second auto grow. On a couple of my plants, the tips of some of the leaves are clawing down. Not all but 1 plant has it really bad, 2 others have it once maybe twice.

Ive seen once that leaves clawing down are a sign Ph is too high? Haven't seen it anywhere else though so idk.

The plant that has it bad has some other problems too. The leaves are very brittle and coarse. Gas some bronze/golden brown spots on some of the leaves. Also is drooping down as if she hasn't been water in a long time despite the pot still being heavy.

All the plants are in biobizz light mix getting fish mix, bio heaven, fish shit, and recharge. All are getting untouched water out of my hose. I don't Ph the water and am wondering if this is the problem? 2 plants seem healthy besides the 1 or 2 fingers per plant clawing down. The other girl (Ripley's og) seems as if there are a number of problems going on. Any help/advice is much appreciated!

edit: I can post photos tomorrow if that helps

Hello all!
I need some help w/ my second auto grow. On a couple of my plants, the tips of some of the leaves are clawing down. Not all but 1 plant has it really bad, 2 others have it once maybe twice.

Ive seen once that leaves clawing down are a sign Ph is too high? Haven't seen it anywhere else though so idk.

The plant that has it bad has some other problems too. The leaves are very brittle and coarse. Gas some bronze/golden brown spots on some of the leaves. Also is drooping down as if she hasn't been water in a long time despite the pot still being heavy.

All the plants are in biobizz light mix getting fish mix, bio heaven, fish shit, and recharge. All are getting untouched water out of my hose. I don't Ph the water and am wondering if this is the problem? 2 plants seem healthy besides the 1 or 2 fingers per plant clawing down. The other girl (Ripley's og) seems as if there are a number of problems going on. Any help/advice is much appreciated!

Post some photos for the Infirmary staff....but it sounds like Nitrogen Claw....plants with a sensitivity to nitrogen.

I've had a few...doesn't seem to affect yield....but let the Experts have a Look for you @jack_trips ....... :headbang:

Hello all!

Photos always a plus when trying for a diagnosis. What is your tap water (municipal, well,)? If municipal good chance of chlorine being added to purify it, let it sit out for 24 hrs to evaporate the chlorine. Well water is gonna have trace minerals in it (calcium, magnesium, etc) . Ph should be checked , even a pool test kit should get you around 6 , ph meter even better.

so the first four photos are from the three healthy plants w/ minimal signs of clawing. Only 1-2 leaves are affected.

last two photos are from the much sicker plant w/ what looks like a few different issues going on. This is the one I'm most lost on.

Fed all the plants w/ signs of a claw today Ph'd water w/ only recharge no nutes of any kind. 10 gallon pots and they get a gallon of water.

@Bill.de.Cat I've been thinking of invensting in either Ascorbic acid or citric acid as I've heard one or maybe both of these neutralize the chlorine and it's cousins in municipal water. Head some don't evaporate off w/ the 24 hour period. Have you used either of these?

Attachments

• IMG_1205.jpeg
    IMG_1205.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1206.jpeg
    IMG_1206.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1207.jpeg
    IMG_1207.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1208.jpeg
    IMG_1208.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1209.jpeg
    IMG_1209.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1210.jpeg
    IMG_1210.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
so the first four photos are from the three healthy plants w/ minimal signs of clawing. Only 1-2 leaves are affected.

last two photos are from the much sicker plant w/ what looks like a few different issues going on. This is the one I'm most lost on.

Fed all the plants w/ signs of a claw today Ph'd water w/ only recharge no nutes of any kind. 10 gallon pots and they get a gallon of water.

@Bill.de.Cat I've been thinking of invensting in either Ascorbic acid or citric acid as I've heard one or maybe both of these neutralize the chlorine and it's cousins in municipal water. Head some don't evaporate off w/ the 24 hour period. Have you used either of these?
No I havent. I do RO bottled water and add well water from my tap. About 50/50 and then MC every 3rd watering. Occasionally add mykos in a watering.

Depending on your tap water it might be a good idea to PH it. I’m on my 3rd and 4th grows and I am using conditioned tap water and I PH it to about 6.3. On my first two grows I used non PH’d distilled water. Not sure but my current grows are doing a lot better, i.e., not having a lot of issues.

Back