Grow Mediums Timing the harvest in coco, looking for that 'fade'

Budsnfish

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hey all! Breathe easy, this isn't another 'when to harvest' post, I know exactly how I like my trichs, I just need a little help with the timing of when I'll get there in coco (most of my experience is in organics).

For indicas, I used to shoot for 5% amber at the cut since I'm not a fan of couchlock weed so thats what I'm hoping to hit here. Now, at 71 days from seed, the pistils are slowly receding and my trichs are about 50/50 clear and cloudy, maybe a touch more cloudy, I figure 2-3 more weeks until its where I want it.

Now my question haha. I want to stop the nutrients early enough to really pull everything from the fan leaves since they're still all green, how long will that take? I know the whole flushing debate, but I really just do this to cut chlorophyll preharvest.

Thanks for any input!
Geoff

20210327_181131.jpg
20210327_181135.jpg

Hey all! Breathe easy, this isn't another 'when to harvest' post, I know exactly how I like my trichs, I just need a little help with the timing of when I'll get there in coco (most of my experience is in organics).

For indicas, I used to shoot for 5% amber at the cut since I'm not a fan of couchlock weed so thats what I'm hoping to hit here. Now, at 71 days from seed, the pistils are slowly receding and my trichs are about 50/50 clear and cloudy, maybe a touch more cloudy, I figure 2-3 more weeks until its where I want it.

Now my question haha. I want to stop the nutrients early enough to really pull everything from the fan leaves since they're still all green, how long will that take? I know the whole flushing debate, but I really just do this to cut chlorophyll preharvest.

Thanks for any input!
Geoff

View attachment 1301323View attachment 1301324
10-14 days should do it

Thanks for any input!
Geoff

View attachment 1301323View attachment 1301324

Mine have typically done it naturally. Considered keeping a low EC in general throughout the grow?

10-14 days should do it

Thanks!

Mine have typically done it naturally. Considered keeping a low EC in general throughout the grow?

My TDS has been pretty low throughout. I worked up to about 750ppm and this plant got that bit of tip burn you see so I backed off and was doing well around 700ppm, now I've dropped to around 550ppm. I feed to runoff and they are starting to drink less as well.

Just an opinion it’s not ready yet. I just started growing in coco. Just bought a cheap ec and tds meter (10.00) on Amazon and will start using today

Back