Indoor Time to Overcrowd My Tents With Mephistos Again

mcpd_refugee

User of Too Many Words
Reaction score
Having a dispensary one block away from my house has made me fat and lazy. I haven’t grown anything in three years, so it’s time to jump back into the game. I’m taking the opportunity to teach my adult niece how to (hopefully) grow her own stash (assuming I remember what I’m doing). I dropped seeds for a soak earlier today/. Here’s what we got:

I have a 2x4 tent and a 2x2.5 tent.

I’m running 3 autocobs in the 2x4 and a Quantum Board by HLG in the 2x2.5.

In the 2x4 tent, I’ve got four #3 airpots with Roots Organic 70/30 mix. In the 2x2.5, I have a one gallon hempy bucket with a 60/40 mix of perlite and vermiculite.

I dropped two seeds each of five different Mephisto strains. Three are brand new seeds and two are some pretty old seeds I had laying around:

Mephisto’s Wedding
Creme De La Chem
Strawberry Nuggets
Cosmic Queen (old)
Bluetoof Special (old)

I dropped two of each to see whether one inch rockwool cubes or jiffy pellets is better for germinating and growing seedlings (and to show my niece that there’s more than one way to skin a cat).

I’ll be using MegaCrop, Carboload and CaliMagic.

When I have something above ground, I’ll drop back by with some photos.

Happy Growing, Everyone!

Last edited:
Two days ago (31 August), the Cosmic Queen popped her head up. Yesterday (1 September), the Creme De La Chem was above ground. No others have germinated yet. None of the seeds in Jiffy pellets had done anything - so I chucked them all into the trash. I planted all of the rock wool cubes into their respective containers. If the remaining seeds (Strawberry Nuggets, Wedding and Bluetoof Special) don’t show up in the next 3 to 4 days, I’ll start over with them.

So I’m going to call today Day 2.

I’m starting off this first week with 1 g/gal of MegaCrop and 1/8 tsp/gal of Greenleaf Nutrients Sea Kelp.

Here are the two gals I’ve got so far:

IMG_1644.jpeg

IMG_1645.jpeg

I’ll hopefully be back with more good news soon.

Happy growing, everyone!

Back