Tents without light leaks?

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone knows of a good grow tent that doesn't have light leaks. My zipper on both of my tents is where it leaks light. Any knowledge is greatly appreciated

Buying a cloth drape might be cheap, easy, and effective. Put a couple weights at the top and hang it over the front. Small pain to put it up when you need to open the tent but way cheaper than a whole new one.

Buying a cloth drape might be cheap, easy, and effective. Put a couple weights at the top and hang it over the front. Small pain to put it up when you need to open the tent but way cheaper than a whole new one.
Lol, exactly what I'm doing now. I dont mind doing it with my 2x4. However, I have a cheap 4x4 with leaks on all sides. Simply needs to be replaced

From what I've heard Gorilla tents are the best I don't know from experience cause I've never spent the money on one nor can I fit one in my space. I have had good luck with my vivosun tent but it's fairly new. I only found couple pin holes in the walls that I covered with tape. I believe my AC infinity tent is pretty good but I've never checked it cause I grow auto's in there so haven't had to worry.

Small holes in fabric can be repaired by simply dabbing or spraying on black paint, with this likely less visible or otherwise better than applying tape. From there, you just need a perhaps 8-12-inch wide piece of fabric to cover the light-leaking zipper; and if a better/tighter seal over the zipper is desired glue on some patches of velcro to keep it in place.

If you have problems keeping it warm (with winter coming), hanging blankets or equivalent over the top and 4 sides can be good insulation, besides blocking light.

I've looked into this quite a bit last time I bought a tent. You research around and you will find complaints about pinholes from customers from pretty much every brand. The priority for me shifted to the best zippers. I went with AC infinity. I don't know if they have the best zippers or not but I'm familiar with the brand and have grown to trust it. And yea, when I zip myself up I can find some leaks. I ignore them. It's no Gorilla tent, but it's priced accordingly.

Just a fyi on light leaks. I recently noticed I've been growing with a big led light on my fan for about 6 or 7 months now. Not sure how I over looked this lol. I have had no problems with any of my photo period plants throwing herms. I'm not saying it can't happen, I'm just thinking maybe it's been over stated in the past by some.

Attachments

• Fan Light.jpg
    Fan Light.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 0
Back