Tea smell while curing.

Reaction score
Just curious I am new to the cannabis growing. I bought an auto mix pack from Fastbuds, so I don't really know the strains but, after drying I use the jar method for curing. I am noticing a tea smell and not sure what to think of it. I believe the first plant is gelato based on the smoke profile, its earthy and has a rose pedal finish taste but the smell is perplexing. Have any of you had the tea smell during cure? It's been curing 3 weeks now. Thanks for any info!

Are you talking about the minty smell? It's chlorophyll that hasn't broken down yet. Some weed has it more than others. Also nutrition regiment during the last stages of the grow plays a part.
It will lose most of it (all hopefully) during the cure as long as the drying and drying was done properly.

Are you talking about the minty smell? It's chlorophyll that hasn't broken down yet. Some weed has it more than others. Also nutrition regiment during the last stages of the grow plays a part.
It will lose most of it (all hopefully) during the cure as long as the drying and drying was done properly.
Thank you, yes drying was done in a 2X2 grow tent with AC infinity dry bag and a filter for a little circulation. The cure is in mason jars stored in a dark cabinet at 70F with 50% humidity and hydration packets.

Are you burping the jars a couple times a day? Gotta exchange the air inside

Tea scent, whatever that is (scents are subjective, hard to describe and there's lots of variation among tea products), sounds good to me. Is the scent a problem for you, or just not what you expected?

Tea scent, whatever that is (scents are subjective, hard to describe and there's lots of variation among tea products), sounds good to me. Is the scent a problem for you, or just not what you expected?
Not a problem, It's just an interesting observation. It is surprising for sure.

Back