Switching from 18/6 to 24/0

Reaction score
Hey all, my plants are on week 6. They've been on an 18/6 cycle for about 3-4 weeks. However, I'm having temp/humidity issues when the lights go off. Will they be affected at all if I switch back to 24/0? Thanks

Similar scenario played out on my last grow, switching up to 24/0 for the remainder of my grow didn’t cause any noticeable ill effects

I've never done it but they should adapt fine. Just keep an eye out for nanners. etc. I would suggested a gradual change per day: 19/5 - 20/4 - 21/3, etc.

Hey all, my plants are on week 6. They've been on an 18/6 cycle for about 3-4 weeks. However, I'm having temp/humidity issues when the lights go off. Will they be affected at all if I switch back to 24/0? Thanks
I'm in MA and have the same problem at night time so I started running 24/0 to avoid heating my tent and sopping up puddles of condensation in the morning. I had one plant when I started 18/6 and switched to 24/0 after three weeks and its actually helped if anything. My other 4 plants are starting off 24/0. This week is supposed to be in the 50's so I'm sure its going to keep me on my toes

I'm in MA and have the same problem at night time so I started running 24/0 to avoid heating my tent and sopping up puddles of condensation in the morning. I had one plant when I started 18/6 and switched to 24/0 after three weeks and its actually helped if anything. My other 4 plants are starting off 24/0. This week is supposed to be in the 50's so I'm sure its going to keep me on my toes
Auto's don't mind the 24/0 at all. If you calculate DLI it's quite possible you can turn the Wattage of your light lower and compensate a bit for the extra hours of electricity you're using. :thumbsup:

Auto's don't mind the 24/0 at all. If you calculate DLI it's quite possible you can turn the Wattage of your light lower and compensate a bit for the extra hours of electricity you're using. :thumbsup:
Ahhhh bold of you to assume I spent the extra money on a dimmable ballast my friend! LMAO! Learned my lesson there really quick! I’m trying to get my moneys worth out of the HPS I have right now so it’s gonna have to work one way or another, but I’m def looking at dimmable LED for the very near future.

Back