Grow Mediums Super Soil Advice

Reaction score
Hello guys,
Looking for some advice on building some soil using dry amendments.
I tried the coco/gaia green route with my first auto run and it went off the rails due to lock down and inexperience

So far for a base mix i can find these local:
ProMix-HP/BX
Gaia Green Living Soil
Sea Soil Container Complete

I mainly have gaia green amendments and the ability to do compost teas and would like to be able to build a simple soil mix that will be good for a few simple top dresses through the cycles.

I started some photos in 1 gal using the mix below and so far they have thrived besides a thrips issue, the PH of the medium was fairly low at around 5.8-6PH so i got some Oyster shell flour to try and bring up the PH a bit.
Im trying to dial in ratios and anything that may be missing before i mix it so any advice would be great!
I usually try and use a cold plug of amended coco to start in with this mix or transplant up.

Super Soil 3Gal Mix

Gaia Green Living Soil 2L
SeaSoil Container Complete 2L
Worm Castings 2.5L
Perlite 2.5L
Gaia Green 50/50 4-4-4/2-8-4 4tbs @ 2tbs/per G each
Dynomyco 1 tbs/G
1/4 tbsp/per G Gaia Green KELP Meal
1/2 tbsp/per G Gaia Green Alfalfa Meal
2-3 tbsp Gaia Green Oyster Shell Flour
1/4 mosquito dunk crushed
Sea Compost 1L (top dress week 5-6) *Optional or use in tea brews

Should this mix be left to "cook" for 2 week min or is that mostly a notill method

Do i need Glacial Rock dust(basalt)?

Would i be better off using ProMix-HP instead of the Gaia and SeaSoil?

Thank you for any help and sorry if these are basic questions.

Mr Canucks on YouTube just released a seed to harvest autoflower grow- he uses Gaia Green and shows how me mixes and amends throughout the grow.

Mr Canucks on YouTube just released a seed to harvest autoflower grow- he uses Gaia Green and shows how me mixes and amends throughout the grow.
This is old news. Not to many can get these amendments here in the states. Some people are having a hard time with his mix.

I've used both gaia green living soil and promix hp and since you are adding so many nutrients i'd go with pro-mix HP. It's cheaper and has no nutrients. the gaia green, sea soil, worm castings, both fertilizer mixes, kelp, and alfalfa all have nitrogen. I think you may end up with too much N. Also gaia green 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 have kelp and alfalfa meal and the 444 has oyster shell already in it and so does the living soil.

If you stick to gaia green living soil i'd just add a 1tbsp per gallon of 4-4-4, some worm castings and perlite.

Did you end up using the mix you describe?

Back