Mephisto Genetics Sour Stomper - First Grow, First Review!!

Reaction score
First, thanks to @mephisto and @gbd for breeding an AMAZING strain that is easy enough for a first timer to grow successfully!!

SeedBank:
Mephisto Genetics

Strain: Sour Stomper

Soil/hydro: Soil

Nutes: Tang's Easy Schedule - AN Nutes, with Recharge added in

Light (kind and schedule): 20/4 - 400 watts of 1212 Citizen COBs plus 2 Marshydro 300s for side lighting in a 4x4 tent with 6 other plants. Total of ~660 watts at the wall.

From seed to harvest date: 66 days

Dry Yield: 2.66 ounces after stabilizing at 60% humidity in jars and after smoking around an 8th before full cure. No popcorn buds.

Height of plant:
~66cm

High/Effect Duration: Strong high with a moderate duration. Not a good sleepy time weed but also not a super stimulating high. A good medium.

If I smoke a ton, the heavy high lasts about an hour and then tapers off until hour 3 or so. This is a good weed for moderate doses in the middle of the day without ruining productivity.

RATE SCALE: * bad to ***** good

BAG APPEAL: ***** 5 stars!

Description
This is the whitest/frostiest weed I have seen in at least 2 years. This plant produced giant dense buds. I have a couple 5 to 7 gram buds in my head-stash jar. An abundance of orange pistils adds to the visual appeal as well.

THE GROWTH: ***** 5 stars!

Description
This was my very first grow and this was the easiest strain to grow out of the 4 that I grew. It seemed like a light feeder until day 50.

THE SMELL: ***** 5 stars!

Description
Extremely smelly. I know if my girlfriend opens my jars upstairs because I will smell that distinct sweet grape smell downstairs. It has only been in jars for 11 days and is still getting smellier. My friends were astonished last night when I brought a jar over to share.

THE SMOKE: **** 4 stars!

Description
The smoke is a weak grapey flavor and fairly smooth for being so fresh. I think it will only get better as it cures!
My friends have had nothing but great things to say about it and would give it 5 stars but I am thinking 4 stars is more appropriate. Might be 5 in a couple weeks though.

THE HIGH: ***** 5 stars!

Description
Potent, but manageable in more moderate doses. It doesn't make me forget what I am doing like sour crack does, which can be a good thing!

SS1-0745.jpg
SS1-0743.jpg
SS1-0741.jpg

:slap: Top class report bro, you have made the decision for me on this one Sour Stomper is gonna be next on the cards now for sure.

First, thanks to @mephisto and @gbd for breeding an AMAZING strain that is easy enough for a first timer to grow successfully!!

SeedBank:
Mephisto Genetics

Strain: Sour Stomper

Soil/hydro: Soil

Nutes: Tang's Easy Schedule - AN Nutes, with Recharge added in

Light (kind and schedule): 20/4 - 400 watts of 1212 Citizen COBs plus 2 Marshydro 300s for side lighting in a 4x4 tent with 6 other plants. Total of ~660 watts at the wall.

From seed to harvest date: 66 days

Dry Yield: 2.66 ounces after stabilizing at 60% humidity in jars and after smoking around an 8th before full cure. No popcorn buds.

Height of plant:
~66cm

High/Effect Duration: Strong high with a moderate duration. Not a good sleepy time weed but also not a super stimulating high. A good medium.

If I smoke a ton, the heavy high lasts about an hour and then tapers off until hour 3 or so. This is a good weed for moderate doses in the middle of the day without ruining productivity.

RATE SCALE: * bad to ***** good

BAG APPEAL: ***** 5 stars!

Description
This is the whitest/frostiest weed I have seen in at least 2 years. This plant produced giant dense buds. I have a couple 5 to 7 gram buds in my head-stash jar. An abundance of orange pistils adds to the visual appeal as well.

THE GROWTH: ***** 5 stars!

Description
This was my very first grow and this was the easiest strain to grow out of the 4 that I grew. It seemed like a light feeder until day 50.

THE SMELL: ***** 5 stars!

Description
Extremely smelly. I know if my girlfriend opens my jars upstairs because I will smell that distinct sweet grape smell downstairs. It has only been in jars for 11 days and is still getting smellier. My friends were astonished last night when I brought a jar over to share.

THE SMOKE: **** 4 stars!

Description
The smoke is a weak grapey flavor and fairly smooth for being so fresh. I think it will only get better as it cures!
My friends have had nothing but great things to say about it and would give it 5 stars but I am thinking 4 stars is more appropriate. Might be 5 in a couple weeks though.

THE HIGH: ***** 5 stars!

Description
Potent, but manageable in more moderate doses. It doesn't make me forget what I am doing like sour crack does, which can be a good thing!

View attachment 738275 View attachment 738276 View attachment 738277
Great looking buds! Thanks for sharing your review [emoji91][emoji100]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Great looking buds! Thanks for sharing your review [emoji91][emoji100]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks Joker!!
:slap: Top class report bro, you have made the decision for me on this one Sour Stomper is gonna be next on the cards now for sure.

Thanks Spanglish!! You're definitely not going to regret Sour Stomper. The smell alone is worth it!

Awesome mate congratulations on a fantastic first grow :bow:

I will also be doing a SS report in a week or two.

Can't wait to read it and thanks!!! :)

nice review,nice looking buds.
cheers.
:pighug:

Thanks Archie!! I am proud of em

Good job buddy! Looks good, I got two these going right now at about 3 weeks. What size pots did you use?

:slap:

@DH22 I used a 5 gallon equivalent AirPot for this particular plant. My other Sour Stompers were done in 3 gallon fabric pots ('SS2' and 'SS3'). Those plants were physically larger than this plant but I just harvested them. Going to pot pictures of the harvest in my log shortly :)

Back