Sour Stomper day ~50 - Too early for fade? (Soil, Biotabs)

Reaction score
I am growing this sour stomper in Biobizz Light mix with some added perlite. Early growth was strong compared to my previous grows (check out my previous journal on here to see what bad looks like).
I have fed this plant 1 Biotab, 1ml of CalMag (once about a week ago), and it is in a 3 gallon pot. She is under a 240W QB, and my environmental conditions have been on point (lows of 73 highs of 79, right at 40-45% humidity). I was not PHing my water until 1 week ago when these symptoms started to arise. My tap water was about 7PH, and since then i've PHd down to 6.5.

I am more surprised that i made it this far than i am by the fade. I havent fed it very much, but the plant is pretty small. Does this look like a deficiency or an excess?

If it appears to be a deficiency, what deficiency does it appear to be? Is it too late to feed it? Should I be PHing my water throughout the grow (i've heard it is not necessary for organics, and i PHd my water in all my past grows NONE of which have been successful/smokeable)?

IMG_3352.jpg

Thanks!

Check your trychomes to see if it is near redy to harvest

Supposedly stomper is on the faster side like 60 65 days or so. I haven't ran her so I'm not sure. Only person I can think of is @WildBill hope you don't mind the tag? Can you shed some light on if thats consistent with the stomper? Your planning on reversing her if I remember right?

Definitely a 60 day strain from the journals ive seen.
But the yellowing at the top only leads me to think you’ve over fed them and a lock out is brewing.. I’d go straight water until the cut

I have grown SS twice (not including a failed outdoor attempt). Checking my journal, first chop was at day 77, second at day 68.

FWIW, those do not look like they are ready just from the pistil length/color. The "fade" looks like a deficiency to me. HTH, IMHO, etc.

Edit: should have said def. or lockout.

Last edited:
Definitely a 60 day strain from the journals ive seen.
But the yellowing at the top only leads me to think you’ve over fed them and a lock out is brewing.. I’d go straight water until the cut

I think I agree. I just wonder how the lockout happened since this soil is so light and 1 biotab isn't very much, but the plant is pretty small. I will hit em with water for the remainder of their lives. Thanks!

I have grown SS twice (not including a failed outdoor attempt). Checking my journal, first chop was at day 77, second at day 68.

FWIW, those do not look like they are ready just from the pistil length/color. The "fade" looks like a deficiency to me. HTH, IMHO, etc.

Yep, she is certainly maturing quickly and is NEARING ready compared to the 3BOG next to her who is probably still a month and a half out.

I've got feedback suggesting both deficiency and lockout... this always makes it tough. Hopefully they uptake nutrients and continue to puff up for at least another week or two. Thanks!

I’d think if it is a deficiency it’ll be iron or mg
Just from what I’m looking at
Yep, she is certainly maturing quickly and is NEARING ready compared to the 3BOG next to her who is probably still a month and a half out.

I've got feedback suggesting both deficiency and lockout... this always makes it tough. Hopefully they uptake nutrients and continue to puff up for at least another week or two. Thanks!
if it is deficiency which it may be if your using tabs and no feed?, it’ll be iron or MG
But a quick way to get an answer it a good Ol tag to @Waira @Mañ'O'Green or @namvet25

I’d think if it is a deficiency it’ll be iron or mg
Just from what I’m looking at

if it is deficiency which it may be if your using tabs and no feed?, it’ll be iron or MG
But a quick way to get an answer it a good Ol tag to @Waira @Mañ'O'Green or @namvet25

I agree. The leaves are starting to get a little bit purple today.

I believe one of the gentlemen ( @Mañ'O'Green ?) you tagged wrote a post on here about not mixing nutrient brands, and always using the full line up balanced nutrients. Well, I did feed once with some bloom nutrients about 2.5 weeks ago thinking that could help kick her bloom into overdrive. It was only about 1/3 the recommended dose for pre flower, but maybe it was an issue?

I was trying to avoid using the internet for advice on this grow because it caused me to overthink everything in previous grows. So far so good here, but i'd hate to lose her now. When this batch is done I will be trying photoperiods, these autos are just too small!

I agree. The leaves are starting to get a little bit purple today.

I believe one of the gentlemen ( @Mañ'O'Green ?) you tagged wrote a post on here about not mixing nutrient brands, and always using the full line up balanced nutrients. Well, I did feed once with some bloom nutrients about 2.5 weeks ago thinking that could help kick her bloom into overdrive. It was only about 1/3 the recommended dose for pre flower, but maybe it was an issue?

I was trying to avoid using the internet for advice on this grow because it caused me to overthink everything in previous grows. So far so good here, but i'd hate to lose her now. When this batch is done I will be trying photoperiods, these autos are just too small!
Could be it.. mixing may cause boatloads of issues especially when the quick uptake agents are used cheadleing or w/e
MOG is the guy to listen to on nutrients, he gots the fancy meters and all . So he definitely knows his stuff.
And autos too small??
87A6215E-47BA-4C5F-8C16-33B23C59C528.jpeg
491E43AE-1B2B-454E-896E-E0714E493BFA.jpeg

Maybe?
Those are all in a shared 5 gal fabric pot...

Back