Lighting Solar Spec 150 CR

Micron Creek

Breeder/Craftsman
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Bees Knees
Dimensions: 15.75" x 8.35" x 3.15"
LED: 60 x CREE XP-G3
(XPGDWT-01-0000-00M50), XP-E2(XPEBRD-L1-0000-00901) and XP-E2(XPEBBL-L1-0000-00301)
Actual wattage: ~150w
Line voltage: 85-265V AC
Amperage: 1.36@110v, .68A@220v @50-60HZ
Output voltage: Stand UL output voltage - Less than 76V DC
Product includes: Fixture, power cords, heavy-duty ratchet hangers and adjustable H-brackets to attach the panels together for increased coverage.
Daisy-chain: Yes
Construction and finish: Precision laser cut housing with gloss white powder-coat finish.
Coverage: 2.5' x 2' @18"

Plugged in for the first time and tested for a few minutes. Every diode appears operational so far. Will keep updates as soon as a more permanent environment is set up.
1st impression. Running relatively quiet. Still trying to wrap my mind around how unbelievable this is. I put myself through the ultimate test and peered at the light given off without any eye protection. Just for a short while, so I haven't tried prolonged exposure. To my astonishment, I wasn't blinded as f*ck as I would have been with any other l.e.d. Even just a small amount of the famed blurple and I am in actual pain. Overexposure causes sensitivity and I would see green for minutes afterward, that was horrible. This Amare didn't cause any of this. It did cause a bit of discomfort, but staring into the Sun is never a good idea anyway. Stay tuned as we continue the journey. Thank you AFN crew, staff, autowarriors, testers, and of course @AMARE-TECH-Vic! That was a great 420, aka. Canna New Years. See everyone in Live Stoners!

Now that you have Amare LEDs, just like the higher-end Amare lights you can consider adding COBs. I have 2 x Amare 150CR's and 5 x AutoCOBs (55 watts each) in my tent. The side with plants in bloom has both Amare's and 3 AutoCOBs, while the veg side has 2 x AutoCOBs.

I have 4x SS150 CR that I used for one run but I need to figure out how to modify them with a passive or watercooled heatsink. @AMARE-TECH-Vic can you design and extrude me a passive heatsink that I can retrofit?

I have 4x SS150 CR that I used for one run but I need to figure out how to modify them with a passive or watercooled heatsink. @AMARE-TECH-Vic can you design and extrude me a passive heatsink that I can retrofit?

Designing a solution will not be an issue. The concern would be the cost of a one time special build might not be feasible.

Designing a solution will not be an issue. The concern would be the cost of a one time special build might not be feasible.

No worries Vic, I am going to figure it out when I have some time.

Can I ask why Amare isn't offering passive options? The fan you guys chose are loud and whiny as hell, they give me a headache,so now your lights are in a box until I have time to replace the fan or install a passive heatsink (voiding my warranty by the fucking hell!).

Can I ask why Amare isn't offering passive options? The fan you guys chose are loud and whiny as hell, they give me a headache,so now your lights are in a box until I have time to replace the fan or install a passive heatsink (voiding my warranty by the fucking hell!).
I have 2 x SS150CR's and they are both rather quite. The other fans moving air within the tent and the exhaust fan, although relatively quiet and with the tent right behind me in my office, totally cover-up the sound of the 2 SS150CR's. There is no audible difference when I turn off the lights (with my other/main lights being AutoCOBs with passive cooling).

If your units' cooling fans are actually noisy, such as audible over presumably other fans running in the tent, then maybe you have a problem deserving warrantee servicing.

Sorry for delay in response. Been dealing with health issues, catching up now.

The SS150 will be replaced by the upcoming SS200 that will feature passive cooling and IP65. Surprised on the fan noise. Honestly we've never had his issue brought up before. Might be bad fans, which we can replace at no cost. PM to see if anything we can help find solution.

Back