Outdoor So how many seeds are there in a gram of seeds.

Nelson

R.I.P. Gone, but not forgotten.
Reaction score
I ran out of Skunk seeds so I went over to see the old guy in our Breeder's Club to buy some of his Old Man Skunk seeds. His Skunk dates back to Nixon and is by far the best Skunk I have ever had.

He sells his seed by the gram. He gets $50 a gram so I asked him how many seeds in a gram. He told me about 40 cause it varies on the size of the seed sometimes more and sometimes less.

He offered me a job packing seeds into gram envelopes cause he had a seed company order to fill. I could earn my skunk seeds. I said sure how many to I have to back. 40 packages he said.

Well I am much to much of a bozo just to except anyone's word on anything so I coulnted the seeds in the first three packs. He was right on the first gram had 41 seeds the second 42 and the third 40. Why am I like this?

I never heard anyone else on here describe how many seeds in a gram so I thought someone might be interested. I sure was. I took home my free Old Man Skunk. I think I am going to grow this and Fem my own so I can plant them in the swamp next year. Nice Winter project for my Carousel room. The Fall indoor season will start in a few weeks.

some of my seeds are 3x the size of my smallest...

The old guy sieves his seeds so the small ones are thrown out. I like the idea. Do your small seeds germinate and grow as well as the bigger ones?

some of my seeds are 3x the size of my smallest...

Thats a very good point i guess the smaller seeds could be runts or none starters :thumbs:

I throw my small ones, white ones and light green ones in the garbage also. Just doesn't seem right passing them on to someone else. I have never done a study of how well they germinate but I have heard from others that it is not good. why take a chance?

QUOTE=si1984;212301]Thats a very good point i guess the smaller seeds could be runts or none starters :thumbs:[/QUOTE]

The old guy sieves his seeds so the small ones are thrown out. I like the idea. Do your small seeds germinate and grow as well as the bigger ones?

i have a bunch of white premature seeds right now destined for the trash that are bigger than some i just popped :)
it is genetic like everything else as far as size maturity is the key more than size i try not to take off plant till there falling out of their cozy little bed on to the ground once i see most have developed i still give them a while till plant is almost dead
this is how nature intended:)
so i'll go w/ what she has shown me:)

Wow a total mother nature lover. Mother nature does everything right you think. these are just plants to me and they have to fit in with what I want them to do. I go up and get a bud off of the plant I have seeded and sit at my kitchen table and take the seeds out. I throw away anything that is not mature. Put the leaves off of the bud in my smoothy pile after the dog gets a few. I save the rest of the bud for my tincture spray and cookie pile. I just don't have the time to let each seed fall out on its own schedule like mother nature intended. To each his own.

i have a bunch of white premature seeds right now destined for the trash that are bigger than some i just popped :)
it is genetic like everything else as far as size maturity is the key more than size i try not to take off plant till there falling out of their cozy little bed on to the ground once i see most have developed i still give them a while till plant is almost dead
this is how nature intended:)
so i'll go w/ what she has shown me:)

I remember one time I ordered from attitude some bubblegum fem seeds they were tiny but ALL 10 of them germinated. 2 didn't survive the paper towel - soil transfer, my fault. The rest grew just fine. I don't think size matters :lol:

I think the size of the seed is determined by the food avalable to the mother at the time she was creating the seeds. I counted 2330 seeds per oz. out of my last seed run. These were all no. 1 grade but the sizes varied.I am finding no difference in germanation or finished product. These are well formed and colored but small. The first auto seeds I ordered were fast bud and I remember thinking how small the seeds were. All germanated and did fine.

I find the small seeds do not germinate as well as the bigger seeds. It is always funny when we all have different opinions. I am going to keep some of the smaller seeds from what I am collecting right now and have a germination test. I could be wrong but I am a tester for sure.

Back