New Grower Snap back to reality! - Soil vs f6

puggle6

HydroPotato!
Reaction score
Omg time for me to noob up!

Help me out folks, both new growers and old as while I am an accomplished hydro grower my knowledge of soil is limited...

Here is what I have for this grow.

Closet 2x3x5 ft (0.5x0.9x1.5m)
2x15L pots
Debco organic (no slow release), perlite, some clay balls for the medium
4" extraction

Lighting I have available 600w MH/HPS thinking its going to be to hot coming into summer here...

I have a 110w T5, looking to use this and possibly some led strips?

OK, so I use FloraNova for my hydro so I have those nutes avail, also other toppers that work well and organic base so should be fine?

Have a few straggler seeds left around so have choice of mix of,
2x Stich's Love Potion
2x Super Lemon Haze
1x Malana Bomb

Currently growing both the Malana and LP so maybe do 2 SLH..

My main concerns are heat, smell and poor lighting..

This is a segway to my plan to perpetually grow, perhaps even 2 styles, soil and my current hydro which is getting boring (only look in every few days and basically just top water now lol)

Oh, money is tight hence I want to use as much as I have which is currently surplus.

Come at me y'all!

@rayuki get in here and learn me some lol

f6

Last edited:
Welcome to the dark side.
I made the switch last season and it has been a learning curve with soils.
I think 600w will create a few problems in a smallish space. I am running COBs and I am down to 25w/sqft, total of 100w in a 2x2.
You need to head over to organics and do a bit of reading. Lots of topics to get lost in.

4t :pass:

What's in your debco where did you get that? If im gonna keep going with soil I'll be looking at changing or even making my own cause i want to get biotabs for my next grow lol. I'll follow along mate but I'm still newb to and actually hating soil at the moment it's been a damn ass bitch. I will say this get something for the bloody fungus gnats straight up!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

haha, sucks being a noob again eh. ive just mastered my hydro res after a couple runs and having to switch to organics. its brutal lol

*sigh*

Still waiting for the girls to pop out of the plugs..

Have had terrible germ success as in consistency, and time lately.

I have a heat pad, put tea towel between saucer and a plastic dome in dark place.

I soak in water for 24hrs, usually see pod open and tail starting to emerge.

Put in peat pod just under surface.

Been 7 days no action :/

Brushed a little off the top, one looks like its slowly getting on with it, the other hasn't really done anything.

Didn't expose them or dig them out, last batch same issue but they all came up after digging them up and helping them I guess.

This batch came as non retail from Bonza, last seed purchaser came from Herbie's and all popped and sprouted just a few days!

f6

My last 3 seeds went in the plugs today

2x Stitches Love Potion
1x Malana Bomb

Fingies crossed!

Now off do do a seed order!:frog:

f6

Back