Reaction score
Hi, I am growing Strawberry cheese for the first time. This is my 3rd grow and my plants are 5 1/2 weeks old. This crop some plants did really well and others not so much. Now I am seeing clawing and yellowing. Everything on the internet points to “under watering” however these are in a hydroponic tank in Leica. Can anyone tell me what is making these babies sick? This is my first real bump in the road I’ve had while growing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 96
Bro.... One plant is like 6 inches tall and flowering. What the heck is going on with this grow lol?

Tell me your secrets!!!! I got a G18 at 6 weeks, things like 3.5 foot and not even in pre flower.

It looks like over or underwatering with a possible nutrient issue as well.

@Jamaica :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome: That looks like a metal toxicity to me! Do you have any copper, brass, iron, galvanized or aluminum in contact with your nutrient solution? What is "hydroponic tank in Leica."

We will need much more information to try to get to the bottom of this.

Please fill in this form: (copy and paste part is below, this first one tell what specifically to include)

-Problem: (brief description)
-Medium/grow method: soil; soilless-- coco, or peat based like Promix, etc. (please provide the actual product name); DWC, NFT, etc.
-Feed and supplements used: include brand, dosage/strength, frequency of feeding and watering (alone); method-- by hand, drippers, rercirc' or drain-to-waste,... N-P-K #'s too if you can!
-Water source: RO/DI; tap- dechlorinated-?..... EC or TDS reading; pH (don't bother with this on RO/DI, do bother with TDS/EC though to confirm it's working well enough)
-Strain and age
-Climate: night and day ambient T and RH%; res' temperatures; any extremes in T/RH% exposure
- Light used: HID, LED, COB, combo of,... wattage; light cycle hours (20/4, 18/6 , etc.); distance to tops....
-Additional info: PH in the root zone. How long have the plants been affected?...How fast did symptoms appear?... Anything else you think might be relevant..

--Pictures including WHOLE PLANT PICS, and troubled leaves.. use normal light or flash as other light sources ruin color rendering, critical for diagnostics! Turn off the grow lights.

✂ - - - - - - - - - - -
(copy and paste)-->

Problem:

Medium/grow method:

Feed: and supplements used:

water source:

PH in the root zone:

Strain/age:

light used:

Climate:

Additional info:

Problem: drooping, yellowing leaves, stunted growth

Medium/grow method: leca pebbles and hydroponic DWC that also has a top feeding system.

Feed: and supplements used: Lotus Grow. Ec is 1004 which is recommended on the nutrient instruction. I have not added Lotus Bloom yet but my plants are beginning to flower.

water source: Tap

PH in the root zone: 6.0

Strain/age:Strawberry cheese auto

light used: Mars Hydro TS 2000 Led this is adjustable and only at about half power right now

Climate: 76 F humidity is %35 (I realize this is low and I bought a humidifier today)

Additional info: I have checked for root rot and I clean my tank everyone 1-2 weeks. There is no metal in this set up but the light. And I have at Ecoair2 with 2 air stones attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Sorry here are some with regular light

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
Bro.... One plant is like 6 inches tall and flowering. What the heck is going on with this grow lol?

Tell me your secrets!!!! I got a G18 at 6 weeks, things like 3.5 foot and not even in pre flower.

It looks like over or underwatering with a possible nutrient issue as well.
I wish I knew man, this is my 3rd crop. The first two went really well and now this one is all over the place. I use a DWC tank with a top feeding system as well and Lotus nutes

Did this ever get resolved? What was the issue? What happened to the plant?

Back