New Grower Should I use CAL-MAG?

Reaction score
I think I may have a magnesium deficiency, but I need some clarification before I decide to feed with CAL-MAG plus...

Strain: Blueberry Bliss

I am towards the end of week 5 and vertical growth has pretty much stopped. My soil-less medium (Sunshine Mix [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG]) is just about dry and today is feeding day :) I plan to introduce flowering nutrients today once the lights turn on. Grow nutrient npk is 5-2-5 Bloom nutrient npk is 1-8-7 CAL-MAG plus npk is 2-0-0

I've fed my veg nutrients at about 3.75ml per gallon of water phed at 6.3 every other watering for the veg stage. 3.75ml is a quarter dose from the full strength of 15ml. Plant seemed to be doing fine with 3.75ml up until recently. The bloom nutrient calls for 7.5 ml for full strength and a quarter strength should be about 1.87(if my math is correct).

If I should feed Cal-Mag plus, how much of it should I add per one gallon of water along with the Grow nutrients and Bloom nutrients?

If anyone is confused as I am after reading this lol, visit http://www.angelfire.com/ar2/tts/bmoFC.html for a better description of the feeding schedule chart .

I attached some pictures of the purple stems. I also see a light purple color in a couple of leaf veins also.

IMG_20180620_152510468_cleaned.jpg IMG_20180620_152522886_cleaned.jpg IMG_20180620_152618397_cleaned.jpg IMG_20180620_152921922_cleaned.jpg

Are you using RO or tap water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I may have a magnesium deficiency, but I need some clarification before I decide to feed with CAL-MAG plus...

Strain: Blueberry Bliss

I am towards the end of week 5 and vertical growth has pretty much stopped. My soil-less medium (Sunshine Mix [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG]) is just about dry and today is feeding day :) I plan to introduce flowering nutrients today once the lights turn on. Grow nutrient npk is 5-2-5 Bloom nutrient npk is 1-8-7 CAL-MAG plus npk is 2-0-0

I've fed my veg nutrients at about 3.75ml per gallon of water phed at 6.3 every other watering for the veg stage. 3.75ml is a quarter dose from the full strength of 15ml. Plant seemed to be doing fine with 3.75ml up until recently. The bloom nutrient calls for 7.5 ml for full strength and a quarter strength should be about 1.87(if my math is correct).

If I should feed Cal-Mag plus, how much of it should I add per one gallon of water along with the Grow nutrients and Bloom nutrients?

If anyone is confused as I am after reading this lol, visit http://www.angelfire.com/ar2/tts/bmoFC.html for a better description of the feeding schedule chart .

I attached some pictures of the purple stems. I also see a light purple color in a couple of leaf veins also.

View attachment 920866View attachment 920867 View attachment 920868 View attachment 920869

Are you using RO or tap water?

@Jimcoop thanks for the help. I just fed her. How long until I start to see signs of healing? Keeping fingers crossed that I didn't over feed her :cools:

I would say within a few days. What was your ppm on the nutes?

I would say within a few days. What was your ppm on the nutes?

I don't have a PPM meter ATM, only a PH meter. I haven't purchased one as of yet because the nutrient manufacture says: "Our organic fertilizers do not register on a TDS / EC meter like chemical fertilizers do, because of the way they are bound."

I've used this line of nutrients a few years ago with well water and I made a compost tea out of the nutrients for every feeding. This time I'm using the nutrients in their regular form with RO water. I should probably stick with what worked in the past minus the well water. Still keeping fingers crossed, though.

I don't have a PPM meter ATM, only a PH meter. I haven't purchased one as of yet because the nutrient manufacture says: "Our organic fertilizers do not register on a TDS / EC meter like chemical fertilizers do, because of the way they are bound."

I've used this line of nutrients a few years ago with well water and I made a compost tea out of the nutrients for every feeding. This time I'm using the nutrients in their regular form with RO water. I should probably stick with what worked in the past minus the well water. Still keeping fingers crossed, though.

You should be fine!

Back